Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
@Heimkehr What's interesting is I tried that kit and followed the Quadratec instructions on polishing here. It literally left huge swirl marks that I think will be impossible to remove.

I have the Novus Heavy and Light kit. How do you recommend applying? By hand? I used the drill as shown in the video and that's where I think things went South...
Interesting. I was going to link to that very video, but didn't.

Hand application (for me), always. The Quadratec video is just another example of a pet peeve of mine: the illustrative use of a power tool for the sake of doing so, without any thought or acknowledgement that using them makes it very easy to apply too much force to the work product...in this case, a comparatively fragile vinyl window panel. Maybe that explains why I didn't embed the video. 🤔

Well, maybe subsequent and repeated applications of the Novus products will mitigate the existing swirls. 👍
Sponsored

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks man, when the weather warms up I may have to try that. It's such a shame too to have damaged 2 windows that together will cost over $600 to replace.

I am like you though in a lot of ways. Very particular about how I handle the cleaning but for some reason I thought having something akin to a buffer would be better then by hand.

Lesson Learned.

KarnaughMI

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
I've always used my chamois on my soft windows ... seems to do a good job and I haven't seen it put any scratches into the windows.

Been doing it since my TJ days.

-Tom

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop So you never answered my question. I can buy the windows and use my current plastic retainers with yours? I would assume since you are manufacturing JL parts, you would know whether or not it would work with the 23 JL rubi's.
@jromanmd Yes, you can use our replacement windows with your existing plastic retainers!
~Crystal@Bestop

Sponsored

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Also, found these stickers on my Plastic Stiffeners.

3905640 WINDL
3906370 WINDR

Pretty sure that's a part number.

Also, I was interested in the windows because like an idiot I wanted to get some of the minor little scratches out that the driver must have done when it was delivered. So, I tried to buff them out with a polish and yeah, we know how it went from there. Some people were curious why I was asking about replacements already on a 23 Rubi.
Probably is the PN, but it's not something that is available from Mopar. Gotta buy the whole window.

Joltes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 1969 VW Beetle
Vehicle Showcase
Also, I was interested in the windows because like an idiot I wanted to get some of the minor little scratches out that the driver must have done when it was delivered. So, I tried to buff them out with a polish and yeah, we know how it went from there. Some people were curious why I was asking about replacements already on a 23 Rubi.
I realize that it’s too late for you, but maybe someone else will read this…
My 22 Rubicon had scratches on 2 of the windows when it was delivered. I told the salesman that I wanted them replaced and he ordered them with no questions asked. They weren’t even that bad, but when you get a new vehicle, there should be no defects.

Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
novus products are not all that impressive. I have used them on lexan motorcycle windshields. before the autogeek detailing forum was taken down there was info on how to polish the jeep windows. the main thing was dont push to hard on them, and dont get them hot or you will ruin them.

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
I lay the window on a table over a beach towel, and use a small rotary buffer at low speed, and some pretty aggressive polish. I don't really apply any downward pressure, and move quickly across the whole window so no part gets hot.

Doing this every 6 months gets them back to 95% of new.

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
@Bestop do the original oem c-pillar retainers that these window attach to, also work with the supertop tailgate bar retainers Part #575.39 - Left Part #575.38 - Right? it looks like these parts have the snap for additional side window security? thank you!

OP
OP
Bestop

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
@Bestop do the original oem c-pillar retainers that these window attach to, also work with the supertop tailgate bar retainers Part #575.39 - Left Part #575.38 - Right? it looks like these parts have the snap for additional side window security? thank you!
@redelses Unfortunately the OEM windows will not work with the Trektop hardware, it looks like it would but it doesn't, I'm sorry!
~Crystal@Bestop

imperial4ever

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0 Moss Green
These don't have the support pillars, so no, you'd still be SOL. Cost the exact same as the MasterTop replacement windows as well.
Screenshot_2023-02-06-14-41-42-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Screenshot_2023-02-06-14-41-57-04_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
Are those snaps I see???? Getting CJ7 vibs here.
Sponsored