First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I was a big fan of Turtle Wax Ice from the beginning of its life to its end. My truck looked brand new after 125,000 miles thanks to that stuff. I used it on paint, plastic, everywhere. I did up my new Jeep with the same stuff back in spring, and it's about time for a new treatment. I just tried to buy a new bottle, and it's obvious that the writing is on the wall for that entire line of products. Even if I scrounge up a bottle today for twice what it should cost, there will be no new bottles after this.

I need to find a new product, or, as I fear, probably at least three new products. It doesn't look like anybody makes anything that works equally well on paint or black plastic. Everything is "ceramic" or "graphene" now. I use the words in quotes, because I am highly skeptical of the claim that the products contain either ingredient.

So what I liked about Ice was it was easy on, easy off, and if you got it somewhere you shouldn't have, it just wiped off. On the glass? No problem. On the decals? No problem. If you missed a spot buffing it off, you could just buff that out at any future time, no problem. It didn't dry to a haze, and you didn't have to be careful around body lines and cowls and such.

Is there anything that bullet proof and easy to deal with on the market today? By my scan of the available offerings, it looks like I have to get a PhD in chemical engineering to apply any of this new shit to my Jeep without screwing it up.

Sigh.
Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was a big fan of Turtle Wax Ice from the beginning of its life to its end. My truck looked brand new after 125,000 miles thanks to that stuff. I used it on paint, plastic, everywhere. I did up my new Jeep with the same stuff back in spring, and it's about time for a new treatment. I just tried to buy a new bottle, and it's obvious that the writing is on the wall for that entire line of products. Even if I scrounge up a bottle today for twice what it should cost, there will be no new bottles after this.

I need to find a new product, or, as I fear, probably at least three new products. It doesn't look like anybody makes anything that works equally well on paint or black plastic. Everything is "ceramic" or "graphene" now. I use the words in quotes, because I am highly skeptical of the claim that the products contain either ingredient.

So what I liked about Ice was it was easy on, easy off, and if you got it somewhere you shouldn't have, it just wiped off. On the glass? No problem. On the decals? No problem. If you missed a spot buffing it off, you could just buff that out at any future time, no problem. It didn't dry to a haze, and you didn't have to be careful around body lines and cowls and such.

Is there anything that bullet proof and easy to deal with on the market today? By my scan of the available offerings, it looks like I have to get a PhD in chemical engineering to apply any of this new shit to my Jeep without screwing it up.

Sigh.
Sounds like a "glaze"? You should be able to find it from the usual scumbags, adams/chemical guys/etc.

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
I use Adams Products....I topped it off with F11 and after 6 weeks water just beads off. There are so many products out there and everyone has their own opinion. Years ago Turtle Wax, Dupont made up the majority of waxes...today, its much more complex. I wash frequently and throw an easy on and easy off system. Your paint will last for years

aronslusa

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Sounds like a "glaze"? You should be able to find it from the usual scumbags, adams/chemical guys/etc.
Why are they scumbags?

I've used Mothers ceramic and Adam's graphene... both have produced amazing results.
I've moved over to the Adam's Graphene because of its ease of application... no degree needed. Follow their video and go in small sections and you'd be surprised how well it does work.

I coated the hood, front left fender and drivers door of my car with their Graphene ceramic coating, the small bottle you apply like a ceramic coating not their spray on touch up or detail spray. Got caught in the rain with the car and the untreated parts had water spots galore and were kind of a pain to clean where the treated areas were virtually spotless compared to the untreated areas.

The stuff works, and works well when you follow the directions (and they are quite easy).
It's a little pricy compared to a wax but when a properly done application works for years, vs a few weeks with a wax.. I'm down!

Billy Baldone

First Name
William Stutz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 JL Willy's
Opti Coat Hyper Seal. A bit pricey, but it works on all surfaces. I put Opti Coat pro plus on my wife's Snazzberry 2 months ago, and just finally got around to washing it this past weekend. i used hyper seal on the whole jeep, it really made it a tad glossier, and felt slicker

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Why are they scumbags?

I've used Mothers ceramic and Adam's graphene... both have produced amazing results.
I've moved over to the Adam's Graphene because of its ease of application... no degree needed. Follow their video and go in small sections and you'd be surprised how well it does work.

I coated the hood, front left fender and drivers door of my car with their Graphene ceramic coating, the small bottle you apply like a ceramic coating not their spray on touch up or detail spray. Got caught in the rain with the car and the untreated parts had water spots galore and were kind of a pain to clean where the treated areas were virtually spotless compared to the untreated areas.

The stuff works, and works well when you follow the directions (and they are quite easy).
It's a little pricy compared to a wax but when a properly done application works for years, vs a few weeks with a wax.. I'm down!
Sorry man, I've been watching too much AvE on YouTube I guess. I love Adams stuff and Chemical guys too (even if they're a little $$$ sometimes). It's just a term I picked up.

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
I have a coat of the new Turtle Wax Hybrid Ceramic on my 2018 JL Rubicon...even coated the fender flares. No discolorations or issues putting it on anything. Water beads pretty good. So far, I am happy with it. I have used F11 in the past but it was more expensive than I thought it protected.

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice? 1630439846537

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice? Roxy_New_Shoes

Lateapex

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1944 MB, 2019 JLS
Clubs

I‘ve been using Aero Cosmetics Wash Wax All ( https://washwax.com/collections/wash-wax-all/products/wash-wax-waterless-car-wash-kit ) for about 2 years on my JL, and I‘ve been very satisfied with the results. Because I can use it on all my JL’s exterior surfaces, it makes for a really easy application, especially with so many nooks & crannies, and the dissimilar materials (paint, plastics, glass).

I prefer the wet application method, but it can be used as a waterless product as well (which I occasionally do for between wash/wax touch-ups, but not if my JL is very dirty). Also, the manufacturer claims that this stuff leaves a UV protective coating.

This stuff is very easy to apply and leaves a great shine!

Amazon has it.

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement for Turtle Wax Ice? Roxy_New_Shoes

Try some of the green stuff! Easy on & off, Does not stain plastic trim. Pretty decent for the price.
x2 on the Meguiar’s Ceramic Wax. I use a lot of different products but if you’re looking for an all-in-one product, this is a good choice. I’ve used it on all the plastic, glass, and paint and it works great. No white residue left on plastic like regular wax and easy to apply. Goes on pretty much the same as regular wax, just without the hazing effect before buffing.

Sponsored

LowCountry

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet Sport
Try Aerolon Tech Shine. Just wash first and then apply on everything while still wet then hose off. I used it about once a month and after a few months you could really tell a difference. I like to use 303 on the plastics and other detailing stuff on other areas but the techwax was a great base shine and protect product. I had gotten away from it and tried some of the newer stuff but im buying a new bottle soon.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@omnitonic

Where are you getting the idea that Turtle Wax Ice products are to be no more... ?? Have I missed some announcement from Turtle Wax.... ?

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
x2 on the Meguiar’s Ceramic Wax. I use a lot of different products but if you’re looking for an all-in-one product, this is a good choice. I’ve used it on all the plastic, glass, and paint and it works great. No white residue left on plastic like regular wax and easy to apply. Goes on pretty much the same as regular wax, just without the hazing effect before buffing.
Definitely not bad stuff. Can’t say it’s the best I’ve ever used,But pretty good for easy… I never actually used it on the plastics deliberately, Any plus in that?

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
I guess I’m from the old school. I don’t know if I can get use to spraying on my wax. Definitely use to rubbing it on.

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
I use the last coat. It’s expensive but it goes a long way and turns out fantastic
Sponsored