Sponsored

Replacement covers for Mopar roof rack?

Lyaec350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
Got the Mopar roof rack (PN 82215387) for xmas, have had it on for about a week. Unfortunately one of the little plastic covers stamped JEEP see photo (https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/removable-roof-rack-kit-jeep-wrangler-jl) fell off on the highway somewhere.

Anyone know where to get a replacement? Can't find a parts diagram for the rack assembly anywhere. Will check with the dealer on Monday but not hopeful without a specific part number to point to.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Jeep Cherokee Unlimited 2015 Diesel, 2019 JL Overland ( Sahara in USA)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok just to close the loop since evidently nobody else knew either. I did a bunch of looking at images of racks and the Whispbar HD Covers (example: https://www.rerack.com/whispbar-hea...mBTFSjv6mFpzvYyZ6tSohdvUhQGVF088aApBWEALw_wcB) are an exact fit, they just don't say Jeep. Anyway, hopefully the one doesn't fall off again :)
The whisperbar cover , although the correct shape etc , hve one major difference that makes them unusable as a replacement for the Mopar roof racks covers . That is , the look mechanisim is on the opposite side to the Mopar version ... :-( Sad because I purchased a set on line and found this out for certain. Worse I cant get a refund :-(

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Additionally when I contacted Mopar directly by email they came back to me stating that they dont have the mopar roof rack covers available as a spare part and secondly they dont ship outside of the USA . ( I live in Australia )

OP
OP

Lyaec350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR
The whisperbar cover , although the correct shape etc , hve one major difference that makes them unusable as a replacement for the Mopar roof racks covers . That is , the look mechanisim is on the opposite side to the Mopar version ... :-(
KDoc, did you get a single cover? I ordered a 4 pack and 2 of the 4 fit perfectly. See photo, but there are both left side cylinder ones and right side cylinder ones. You're right that 2 of the 4 didnt work for my rack, but still got 2 usable ones for $24 from the link I posed above. Ended up leaving 2 of the Jeep ones on one side and 2 Whispbar ones on the other, so standing on either side you can't tell they dont match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement covers for Mopar roof rack? 1590602290082

Sponsored

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
KDoc, did you get a single cover? I ordered a 4 pack and 2 of the 4 fit perfectly. See photo, but there are both left side cylinder ones and right side cylinder ones. You're right that 2 of the 4 didnt work for my rack, but still got 2 usable ones for $24 from the link I posed above. Ended up leaving 2 of the Jeep ones on one side and 2 Whispbar ones on the other, so standing on either side you can't tell they dont match.

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement covers for Mopar roof rack? 1590602290082
THANKS SO MUCH for responding .... Yes I had a set of 4 , although here in Australia they charge A$74 a set . And yes now after checking I have the same result as yourself , two fit on one side .... I had given up so thank again !!!!!!

It's wrong that Mopar does not sell replacement covers and also does not have solid locks like Whisperbars do ..

OP
OP

Lyaec350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR

KDoc

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

2021JL2Dr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Land Surveyor
Does anyone know is this still the case, no replacement parts? I still have the cover, but one of the plastic locks fell out on the first test drive...

2021JL2Dr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Occupation
Land Surveyor
Thanks for the tip on the SKS Yakima Lock Cores, they did work perfectly.

Sponsored

CO JL Rubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2D Rubicon, 2018 JKU Rubicon
Sadly, the AWhispbar covers have been discontinued and I can't find them anywhere...anyone else find a suitable replacement?