2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
FYI the cable was $92 Canadian from the dealer
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Confirmed with OP that the ‘21 combo cable P/N is 68518261AA.

My advice is to remove the inner tailgate cover and unhook the rear brake light and backup camera cable connectors BEFORE trying to remove the rear tire carrier.

This way you can pull the combo cable out of the tailgate and place the rear tire carrier on a flat service to punch out the inner sheath to access the backup camera. My dumb ass cut the back up camera cable not knowing it was a fiber optic cable.
So, this is a cable for a 21 with a front cam? Is the cable for 21s and below WITHOUT front cam different somehow? Man, I'm gonna treat my cable like gold I think. Lol. It's seperate and loose because I'm running the Motobilt tag relocate.

OP
OP
RubiGrey

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
So, this is a cable for a 21 with a front cam? Is the cable for 21s and below WITHOUT front cam different somehow? Man, I'm gonna treat my cable like gold I think. Lol. It's seperate and loose because I'm running the Motobilt tag relocate.
I can’t confirm .. It COULD be that the ‘21’s without the front camera, the rear camera cable plastic tip connected to the camera is pink .. Where as ‘21’s with a front camera, the camera connector is black (like on mine).

To make life easier, just go through your dealership and give them your VIN number so they have your exact vehicle.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I can’t confirm .. It COULD be that the ‘21’s without the front camera, the rear camera cable plastic tip connected to the camera is pink .. Where as ‘21’s with a front camera, the camera connector is black (like on mine).

To make life easier, just go through your dealership and give them your VIN number so they have your exact vehicle.
I can confirm. I have a 21, no front cam, pink connector. The mounting screws for camera are also in a different position.

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
7/21 JLR build and I just have the rear camera. Here’s a pic of the entire combo cable. You can’t access the pink backup camera connector unless you punch out the backup camera’s inner sheath.

Jeep Wrangler JL Replacement backup camera cable on ‘21 JLUR E5E8E7EA-D189-4FF7-814C-5D262154ABDB

Sponsored

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
‘94 YJ, ‘21 JLR, ‘22 JLUR XR, ‘23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Ended up being the wrong part but made it work. Backup camera female connector is the black one instead of pink (has a different key pattern).

Just had to shave off the top right corner of the black female connector so it would mate with the pink male connector. Would love to know why FCA changed the key pattern.

OP
OP
RubiGrey

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Ended up being the wrong part but made it work. Backup camera female connector is the black one instead of pink (has a different key pattern).

Just had to shave off the top right corner of the black female connector so it would mate with the pink male connector. Would love to know why FCA changed the key pattern.
Because they want to make it harder for us to fix things ourselves instead of going to the dealership.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Sorry to bring this back up, hoping someone can clarify. Is 68488636AA the part number for just the camera cable with the pink 90 degree on camera end and white connector on tailgate end as pictured in post 12? I don't need the entire combo as just the camera part broke and I can get it through the tailgate.

Or do you have to order the entire combo with the plug for the rear door? I believe that is part #
68432092AB

jetsurgeon

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getting 1st soon
2021 Rubicon 2 Door --- Needed to replace the combo cable, 68518261AA is the correct combo cable for the camera and third tail light.

All the best......

Lp5151

First Name
HB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon JL diesel
Hello,

So I was installing the Teraflex HD Alpha Adjustable tire carrier over the weekend.

the new ‘21 OEM tire carrier is way more complicated to get your backup camera out, I ended up having to use a saw to get it out.

Anyways, the OEM tire carrier fell and the backup camera cable broke. I tried to repair the cable with no luck.

When I go into reverse, I see the guide lines but my screen is black.

I called my dealer and he found part “68488636AA”.

would this be the correct part number as I have been advised that one I install it and it doesn’t work, I can’t return it.

Thanks!
I have the same issue, I believe the part you show is the cable that runs from the dash to the tailgate. I'm still trying Jeep to find exact part number for the cable that goes from the tailgate to the camera.
Sponsored