Sponsored

Replacement axle shaft for Ultimate Dana44 Advantek - Where to get them or how to contact Dana

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2005 TJ Sport, 2000 TJ Sport
Good afternoon. I am in need for the passenger side axle shaft to an Ultimate Dana44 Advantek axle. Axle number is 10047716 although that is just the 4.56 gear option. I can not find anything on the replacement passenger axle shaft for a part number or how to get a replacement.

This is a bit unique, as this axle does not have the FAD. This means the passenger side oil seal is in the differential like a standard axle, but replacement axle shafts do not have the machined surface there. Even the ones that have the FAD delete option, the seal is still in the FAD housing area.

Does anyone have a part number for the replacement axle shaft? I have not found a way to reach out to Dana. On the website, it always kicks you to the "where to buy spicer parts." distributor list. But even they do not have the part number list from a sales rep I talked to.

How do you offer a $5k plus axle assembly to serious off roaders and then make it hard to get replacement parts other than the ball joints and 1410 U-joint. Is Dana really this bad to work with? I have heard horror stories about some parts for the stock axles, but I know there are contracts with those. These are their axles they are selling. Frustrating!
Sponsored

OP
OP

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, anyone know how to buy "Axle shaft RH inner front Dana 10047463" ? Dana site doesn't show up. Go to Mopar site and it doesn't show up. Trying to work with a vendor and I have now had two axle shafts delivered that are not the right part.

I am starting to think that I have a very nice ultimate dana 44 for our JLU that is a cumbersome boat anchor. That, or I have to take the current shaft and have it spray welded and ground down to add a seal boss to it.

Incredibly frustrating Dana. Make a great product and then you run into this. Anyone have any contacts at Dana?

OP
OP

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for trying. The second link leads to a set of parts listed, but after they mention those shafts being used on the ultimate 44 and 60, all the parts they then list are for the stock JL and JT axles.

Sitting in my garage right now is the 10044432, which is the outer half of the stock JLUR front axle shaft. I actually know what part # I need from the sheet posted by Trill, but I can not get it. It just comes up as "not found".

I fear I am going to end up having to build and modify an axle shaft for a $5,700 Dana axle assembly.

I can honestly say, I do not recommend anyone buys one of these ultimate dana 44's right now. What a nightmare.

Sponsored

OP
OP

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honestly, I would be OK with that. But I can't even buy that.

All I can find is the axles that have the FAD (two piece) or the one piece axle with the FAD delete. The problem is, the axle seal surface is located where the FAD was. The ultimate 44 does not have the hole in the axle for the seal there. It is located right next to the differential. So the ultimate dana 44 requires a unique axle shaft.

I wish I had never bought this dam Dana Ultimate 44 axle. Might just give up on 37's and go with something less costly and frustrating. Like drugs and hookers.

OP
OP

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Over 5 months and still no fix. My rep has talked to people at Dana and Mopar, no luck. That part number is NOT in the system is what I am told. If I go to the danaaftermarket.com site, that number does actually come up now, but it is not available. No stock...

Sorry, but Dana sucks. $5,200 for an axle and no support on parts. Hopefully if anyone does a google search for the Dana or Mopar Ultimate Dana 44 for the JL wranglers, they will come across this thread.

Search words:
JL JLU ultimate 44 repair parts broke broken axle shaft replacement oil seal FAD front axle disconnect

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Damn, not reassuring as I also have this axle. Have you spoken to dana directly about this?

On the flip side, are there no other compatible aftermarket axle shafts for this axle? Like an RCV FAD Delete setup wouldn't fit due to that seal situation? I thought I saw a dude running RCVs on this axle on here.

I wonder if a JK Ultimate 44 or regular JKR D44 axle shaft would do the trick? The UD44 JL axle appears identical to the one they've been selling for JK for ages, probably just with bracketry changes and stuff.

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Damn, not reassuring as I also have this axle. Have you spoken to dana directly about this?

On the flip side, are there no other compatible aftermarket axle shafts for this axle? Like an RCV FAD Delete setup wouldn't fit due to that seal situation? I thought I saw a dude running RCVs on this axle on here.

I wonder if a JK Ultimate 44 or regular JKR D44 axle shaft would do the trick? The UD44 JL axle appears identical to the one they've been selling for JK for ages, probably just with bracketry changes and stuff.

Bumping this - can't stop thinking about the difficulty you're having replacing an axle shaft or getting an official ETA on parts for this axle considering I've got one under my rig too. Is anyone else here know if there's any viable aftermarket options that fit? I went back and found the one dude I thought was running RCVs and turns out it was just Reid knuckles over the stock UD44 shafts/UJoints.

gevo1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLUR
Try contacting RCV and see if you can use they're 1-piece shafts along with their outer axle seals vs the Dana/Spicer units.

Interested to see how this goes since I am also having no luck contacting Dana/Spicer with any q/p.

kis_face

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 3.6 JL 2-dr
Good afternoon. I am in need for the passenger side axle shaft to an Ultimate Dana44 Advantek axle. Axle number is 10047716 although that is just the 4.56 gear option. I can not find anything on the replacement passenger axle shaft for a part number or how to get a replacement.

This is a bit unique, as this axle does not have the FAD. This means the passenger side oil seal is in the differential like a standard axle, but replacement axle shafts do not have the machined surface there. Even the ones that have the FAD delete option, the seal is still in the FAD housing area.

Does anyone have a part number for the replacement axle shaft? I have not found a way to reach out to Dana. On the website, it always kicks you to the "where to buy spicer parts." distributor list. But even they do not have the part number list from a sales rep I talked to.

How do you offer a $5k plus axle assembly to serious off roaders and then make it hard to get replacement parts other than the ball joints and 1410 U-joint. Is Dana really this bad to work with? I have heard horror stories about some parts for the stock axles, but I know there are contracts with those. These are their axles they are selling. Frustrating!
Not sure if this has already been resolved, or if this helps, but I stumbled upon this while researching axle swaps. I noticed a part number for the axle shaft you need (second page) and also a phone number to call.
https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/installation_instructions/K6864009AA.pdf

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I spoke to RCV and sent a detailed email referencing this thread and they don't have anything compatible with the JL UD44 currently and advised that the only option at the moment would be to fill out their custom axle shafts form with all the necessary measurements and wait 20+ weeks for their production queue to catch up. Not sure what it would cost, but if we were hoping for a timely solution by going RCV I'm not sure that's gonna be viable.

Not sure if this has already been resolved, or if this helps, but I stumbled upon this while researching axle swaps. I noticed a part number for the axle shaft you need (second page) and also a phone number to call.
https://www.quadratec.com/sites/default/files/installation_instructions/K6864009AA.pdf
I think OP has tried to source this exact part number and has gotten the runaround with no ETA on parts availability. I asked a Dana Spicer dealer on FB who was advertising that he had UD44s in stock in SoCal and he said that he believes shafts are being manufactured now but are still not in stock nationwide.
Sponsored