Sponsored

Replacement axle shaft for Ultimate Dana44 Advantek - Where to get them or how to contact Dana

OP
OP

befu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport, 2005 TJ Sport, 2000 TJ Sport
Got everything installed finally and took the JLU down to Slade kentucky last weekend for a test run. Everything seemed to work fine. Didn't use the locker as we were more exploring than doing any harder trails. But the Jeep performed very well and didn't give us any issues.

So for right now, this Ultimate Dana 44 install project is finally done. If I had it to do over again, I would have waited for the proper Rubicon take off axles. At one point I saw a set with 5.13 gears, trussed with upgraded steering linkage, upgraded parts for the front axle nuckles or spindles, upgraded brakes for $5,500. IF it was all good, would have been a much better route than my patched together system.

My second choice would probably be buying Pro-Rock 44's.

Buying a rubicon to start with would have worked if I hadn't got a great deal at $31,500 for a mint 2019 JLU with the options and color we wanted with 13k miles on it orignally. Now a Rubicon is $60k minimum!

Tried to save some money converting a JLU sport to run 37's and in the end, it still cost me about $13,000 for both Dana 44's, 4.56 gears, rebuild trac-lok, new rear brake pads, 37" tires with new $200 rims (low $ for rims), synergy track bar and tie rod bar, steering stabilizer.

37's and cheap do NOT go together for a rig that will be wheeled and expected to not break long term. It has been a hell of a trip.
Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Found a 20 page media file on spicer detailing EVERYTHING for the new Ford Bronco's. Even a schematic showing the diff assembly and the part number that is on MY locker that came in the ultimate Dana 44 for a JLU. Have found several media files for Jeeps, but nothing with that part number indicating it is for the Bronco and Wrangler. They both have M220 axles in them, so guessing they are the same thing. But still just a guess...

These images are from the Bronco media file at spicer. Item 26 seems to be the same ELD that my JLU has in it.
1678055327084.png

1678055420826.png
Well Brian,
I ordered a #30 "ELD Solenoid " p/n 10102021 to replace my bad Rubicon actuator. We'll see soon enough (hopefully if the thing actually ships) if they are interchangeable.

I'm not as invested in my axles as you. But I do have the Dana chromoly shafts front and rear (with the RCV FAD inner shaft). CarbonSteel and I collaborated to get this setup to work with some minor machining. I also have Teraflex Delta brakes. So I'm committed to the D44 at this point. My front locker has a bad solenoid. Hopefully your research on the Bronco part works out. I had researched down the Bronco differential from Ford, but didn't make the connection to the 10102021 Dana part number. Waiting....

Last edited: