Sponsored

Replaced my stock halogen fog/DRL/Signal lights with LED.

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
I’ve been looking at replacing my halogen fog lamps for Oracle LED fog lamps, or keeping the stock fog lamps and putting in an LED bulb like you did. I just don’t want to be blinding people. Is the LED bulb in the stock fog lamp safe for other drivers I.E. you’re not blinding people?

Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
JSFoster75

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve been looking at replacing my halogen fog lamps for Oracle LED fog lamps, or keeping the stock fog lamps and putting in an LED bulb like you did. I just don’t want to be blinding people. Is the LED bulb in the stock fog lamp safe for other drivers I.E. you’re not blinding people?

Thanks.

In 7 weeks, I’ve only gotten flashed by one person, so I think they are okay. :)

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
Ended up picking up a set of LED headlight and fog lights from a fellow member. Massive improvement over the stock halogens and highly recommend. I will say I drove around one night unadjusted and was flashed. That night I went to the local industrial park (Needed a large flat area to check my levels, my driveway is on a hill) and lowered my headlights a solid 2 full counterclockwise turns. Since then no issues.

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I’m interested in switching to amber leds for the halogen fog light housing. Has anyone seen this option? My searching hasn’t turned up anything definitive.

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
I’m interested in switching to amber leds for the halogen fog light housing. Has anyone seen this option? My searching hasn’t turned up anything definitive.
I have yellow led fogs now. After the 3 days of night driving I’ve put on them I like them so far. Living in Minnesota it’s snowy up here now. I like how I can see the dips in the snow covered roads.

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
It looks like Baja Designs has a factory replacement amber LED fog light but over $300 for lights...

I’m coming from classic and modern muscle cars though and I was more concerned with other than lights lol.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I have yellow led fogs now. After the 3 days of night driving I’ve put on them I like them so far. Living in Minnesota it’s snowy up here now. I like how I can see the dips in the snow covered roads.
Do you know the color temperature of your yellow LED fog bulbs? (4000k?, 3000k?)

I've already replaced my halogen headlamp bulbs and reverse bulbs with 6000K LEDs. That I'm Extremely happy with by the way!

I want to also replace my fogs, but 6000K is way too white for fogs. (in my opinion)

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Did some research and answered my own question - the yellow fog is normally 3000k.