Sponsored

Replaced auxiliary battery and auto start/stop still not working and hood ajar light on.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Isnt there a way to test the voltage of the aux battery without having to get to it? I remember there is a way to trickle charge just the aux battery, should be able to measure voltage the same way.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wherescaro

First Name
Caroline
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Isnt there a way to test the voltage of the aux battery without having to get to it? I remember there is a way to trickle charge just the aux battery, should be able to measure voltage the same way.
Would love to know.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Would love to know.
@entropy
@Wherescaro

Use the forum search feature to seek out any and all posts by @Jebiruph . Any/all of his posts in regard to ESS, dual battery system, separating the 2 batteries and more is spot on.... can be taken to the bank so to speak..

You can scour the internet but will find this forum has more complex info in regard to the JL/JT dual battery system then anywhere else on the internet..

YES, lots to read.... to absorb.... but the info is all here if you take the time to read it..

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/search/2229574/

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Would love to know.
I got this from somewhere else in the forums:

"The easiest way to charge your aux battery in isolation would be to temporarily disconnect all the negative leads that attach to the main battery's negative post and put your positive jumper cable lead on the main battery's positive post, and your negative jumper cable lead on the now isolated series of wires that you distanced from the main battery's negative post."

Since both batteries are connected in parallel I think you could measure voltage by doing this, and you would get voltage from the aux? Electrical engineering was never my strong suit tho.

There is also a way you can run the jeep with the main battery. Loo it up,all you need is a jumper cable. This will at least clear the codes and give you an idea if the aux is the issue?

I am sorry I am not giving you exact instructions/answers. But just hinting things I would try/research if I had this issue.

If you look at a diagram of the JL battery system you could figure out what you need.
Sponsored