newJeeper

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi Everyone,
I'm curious how you repair rock scrapes on your skid plates, rock sliders, bumpers, etc. My thought is just to clean the scrape with mineral spirits and then paint with Rustoleum to prevent future rust.

Any best practices?

Thanks!
-Brett
Sponsored

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,
I'm curious how you repair rock scrapes on your skid plates, rock sliders, bumpers, etc. My thought is just to clean the scrape with mineral spirits and then paint with Rustoleum to prevent future rust.

Any best practices?

Thanks!
-Brett
I just wipe clean (your mineral spirits might be better)) then spray with Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner - https://www.rustoleum.com/DigitalEn...brands/auto/coatings/truck-bed-coating-spray/

I got the idea from others on here as a good match for my Ace Sliders and since I have it already I just do touch ups to keep surface rust at bay. Live in southern California and our cars never rust out here luckily.

OP
OP

newJeeper

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I just wipe clean (your mineral spirits might be better)) then spray with Rustoleum Truck Bed Liner - https://www.rustoleum.com/DigitalEn...brands/auto/coatings/truck-bed-coating-spray/

I got the idea from others on here as a good match for my Ace Sliders and since I have it already I just do touch ups to keep surface rust at bay. Live in southern California and our cars never rust out here luckily.
Thanks for the tips! Nice to hear I'm thinking in the right direction.
I took a look at pictures of those Ace Sliders and they look to be similar to the stock Rubicon rock sliders, which I have. I might pick up a can of that.
Sponsored