Rentals for warranty work?

Macs79

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I had to take my jeep in to have a seat issue fixed. It was locked all the way forward and I couldn't even get in the vehicle.
When I dropped it off at the dealer, they made it sound like it would be done the same day. That day has now turned into over a month and they still haven't started on it. Up to this point they wouldn't provide a loaner, I had to go up there yesterday and throw an absolute fit.

I have never had this issue before with any other car. Is this a Jeep thing or what?
Am I wrong for thinking they should be responsible for $1071.78 in rental fees that I have accumulated up to this point?
Is there someplace to contact about this?

This has turned me off of Jeeps. I guess there is bad dealers out there, but I even purchased it from them.
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Sorry for your frustration ...and rental woes! Contact the general manager at the Dealership you bought from and then had serviced for the seat. Be polite but stern....explain about what you have encountered and ask him if they can do anything about this? It is literally a half hour to an hour worth of time depending on the technician!!! if you then get nowhere with him/her then get jeepcares involved and also Call Jeep headquarters speak to them. Another thing you might want to do .... you may want to search google on jeep wrangler seat Latch broke or anything like that...your search will result in many many posts on this site.... of people having the same issue and you will discover that the offending part costs like $4.00(plastic thingy) and can easily be affixed to the rail in order to help the seat return to original location. I myself bought 3 per side ...and keep them with me in my duffle behind my seat(should I ever need one). Is it something I want to deal with? NO! but the alternative you are now experiencing. They re invented the seat to the point it is flimsy and until it breaks you are non the wiser...There are issues with the pull on the upper part of the seat also ...some have just snapped. The more you read the more you know! LOL again sorry for your troubles but seriously read the posts and even if you dont have the part you can lay down ...I think it was a 1/2 inch socket in the rail and it would be a temporary fix to get your seat back. At least you can go get your jeep!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Some of these issues can be avoided if you only ise the handle on the seat to release the latch, then use to seatback itself to push on to fold it. Using the handle to pull the seat as you are releasing it will lead to a higher probability of failure.

Jeep should have foreseen this as problem and designed it accordingly.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
I was going thru the same questions and issues on my 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat. After 4 months of ownership it went to the dealer for 72 days for repairs. Ford does have a program where they will reimburse you for your monthly payments if they did not provide a car rental. So you could check into that to see if Jeep does the same.

If your not given a rental then talk to the warranty administrator. Not the service writer, not any salesman, the warranty administrator might be able to help you. Most likely they donā€˜t work at your dealership. Get their name and direct number.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
That sucks... the dealer that I use has always provided a loaner, no questions asked.

Sponsored

Ken Sommers

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 2021 Silverado 1500
My 6 month old Wrangler has been in the shop due to an electrical issue for a week. Called today to ask if they have diagnosed and if not, I need something to drive. Was told that dealership does not provide loaners. Sucks that I have to rent a car when my new one is broke and continue making my payment!

OP
OP
Macs79

Macs79

First Name
Bear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My 6 month old Wrangler has been in the shop due to an electrical issue for a week. Called today to ask if they have diagnosed and if not, I need something to drive. Was told that dealership does not provide loaners. Sucks that I have to rent a car when my new one is broke and continue making my payment!
That sounds like my dealership. That's exactly what i was told.

Greywind

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLUD
Iā€™m not sure where you are located, but you should look into what your local lemon laws are. I had a similar timing issue with my diesel and threatened FCA with starting lemon law proceedings if my vehicle wasnā€™t repaired ASAP (had been at the dealership close to the statutory limit). Had it back in my driveway less than a week later. Youā€™d be surprised how fast you see a resolution when theyā€™re facing financial consequences.

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
That's crazy I got a 2 day rental for my oil change and recall work/inspection because I live 15 miles away from my preferred dealership. Unsure if they only offer that service for jeep wave stuff but service guy told me I would also rate one for warranty work.

JudgeTread

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hopefully you have better luck than me. Itā€™s been 3 weeks since I paid out of pocket for a rental and Jeepcares ā€œpromise for prompt reimbursementā€. Needless to say that I still havenā€™t been reimbursed. Jeepcares customer service is a joke.
Sponsored