Sponsored

Renomd build method 106, cooper stt pro, Evo rocker, rugged bumper, teraflex tire carrier, 37's

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon

badgundog

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2018, JK 2008
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to step up to 37” to help combat difficult obstacles. Still stock gearing, stock axles, on the Dynatrac lift. Very little fromt upper fender rubbing at full flex. I already have an AAL chop bracket just waiting on the bulb out fix wiring harness. Mounted these on method mr106 beadlock wheels. Please note you must use method beadlock ring spacers for anything bigger than a 35” tire. They are an extra $40 per wheel, and had I known that they were needed i probably would have gone with a different brand of wheel. I do love the method bronze. FYI beadlock are a beeotch to install. Took me 1.5 hr per wheel to install. I should have just got the mr701 bead grip tire. I definitely regret doing beadlock. I’m not that hardcore and even if I was I think bead grips can handle it.

The cooper stt pro 37x12.50r17 are awesome. Total weight is now 116 lb per wheel tire combo vs the 102 lb for the 35” with mr312 method wheel. D rated tire which feels better than the e rated 315s. I’ll admit I didn’t care too much for the harsher feeling of the e rated tire but after hundreds of off-road miles I can tell they make a big difference in regards to comfort.

CF69B881-0AC6-413D-AB30-C2DB3E4CC87D.jpeg

BDEFF9AF-6FF8-4131-A929-96E45769E74C.jpeg

A349F059-FFEB-4C6E-8ABA-AD3CD744B9C0.jpeg

5A3ADB90-9704-4ACD-B35D-7B5915323092.jpeg

FE9457C7-E041-4E17-969A-5954CA3FCA4F.jpeg

FD3F8D73-CEE6-4ECC-90FD-374575DC197F.jpeg
Helpful information on the wheels.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
THE BEST thing for the spare is the hydraulic tables. I take mine for granted anymore. Most on here probably wouldn't want to store one, though.

I've got an older version that's heavy and goes to ~52"

Sponsored

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Small update, I went with an accutune 2.5” lift back in October. I’ve been radio silent though Bc of issues I’ve had. My full review will come soon and comparison between the dynatrac and the accutune lift with fox 2.5 dsc 3.5-4” shocks. I had to send the shocks back to them to get retuned and they specifically had to revalve the dsc adjuster. About a month turnaround unfortunately Bc of mistakes their company made.... oh well. Lesson learned on my part. I will not use their company ever again.

After the second revalving from accutune the shocks definitely feel much better. The issue I had before after their initial tune (which was the softest tune they could do) was the shocks at their lowest softest setting were suuuuper harsh and firm off-road compared to the dynatrac lift. While on road they were ok; but, they were definitely not “more comfortable “ as accutune had advertised. Interestingly enough after I complained to them about this, they revised their JL lift descriptions to get rid of that description of “more comfortable” Bc I had complained they were the polar opposite. Well despite having purchased their kit with a free revalving/tuning I still had to fork over $100 for shipping and $220 to have them revalve the DSC adjusters. I did agree to this Bc I wanted this addressed.....anyways enough about accutune I have tons of documented proof and emails about why I would never use them again.

One piece of advice for the newbies whom are reading, upgraded 2.5” shocks that don’t adjust for rebound dampening (pretty much only bypass shocks do this) and only adjust for compression dampening do NOT make your jeep ride more comfortable off-road. What they do is prevent bottoming out. But to do this they make it harder for the oil to flow through valves which in turn make your ride harsh! They all do this (except for bypass shocks :) )... that’s the point of shocks. Don’t let any company tell you they are more comfortable. Yes ride is “subjective” but what isn’t subjective is the word comfortable. Comfortable is the opposite of a harsh bouncy firm ride.... if comfortable and plush is what your after I would not blow hard earned money on high end 2.5” shocks. If your planning on bombing through the desert at 60 mph and hitting give outs and whoops ok maybe get them but your ride will not be more comfortable... that’s misinformation... it will prevent you from bottoming out.

The trade off for the 2.5 adjustable shocks is a firmer, more planted ride, that has less body roll, less brake dive, and can handle rough terrain at high speeds and desert. All in all I do like the 2.5 fox shocks i wish I would have just bought them off the shelf and paired them with synergy 3” coils (oh wait I bought synergy coils on Black Friday special ;) )... but I mostly like them for their adjustability and massive flex! I’m running 2” adjustable rock crawler bump stops up front and the 2” aluminum block from accutune in the rear. Check out the passenger tire almost making contact with the oem fender bracket.

D1D95A66-F139-4879-A1AC-04F6199D69F9.jpeg

B2682902-FA6B-4C0E-8C39-4AF3780BFFE6.jpeg

62FBC980-E7CE-4FE1-BC47-AD6D37619C2E.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
American adventure lab chop bracelet LED and inner fenders.

My quick review on both. Solid company, good quality products. A few criticisms though the dzus fasteners fall out when your driving fast in harsh road conditions. I’m sure a handful of people will say “your not installing them right, blah blah blah” well I did and they still fall out...I’ve been keeping my eye on this. I’ve lost half the fasteners and I think it’s Bc it’s not a perfect fit with their inner fender brackets so the dzus are under pressure. I love their design overall and I can seriously remove or install in 1 min or less per side. I did chop the crap out of the inner fender to make space for the fox 2.5 shocks and their reservoir tubing. I wish I knew JCR off-road inner fenders fit this shock perfectly without cutting. See synergy sema 2019 build.

The chop bracket led turn signal lights are awesome. Except the turn signal out error which is super annoying. Even more annoying is the expensive harness to fix this. Quake LED has no issues and rugged ridge is coming out with their version as well plug and play without turn signal out errors.

I would wait for rugged ridge but that’s just my opinion.

Install of both items is easy. I’m happy with both items... I do feel they are a bit over priced especially the inner fenders with different shock cutouts.... I mean come on here a lot of us have knowledge of cnc time on a machine it doesn’t cost $100 extra to do a different program... for a different shock cutout.

Sorry my reviews are getting more critical, honest, and blunt but I’ve been working 60-80 hr weeks, daughter was hospitalized (discharged luckily and doing well), and I’m bitter I had too much down time from my jeep Bc of accutune on my limited time off....

8F52658E-EFD5-4F46-9285-2DB5C0065970.jpeg

EA969633-369F-4E91-AF10-9377172854C6.jpeg

85484973-096C-4232-8240-6D13C3AF96A9.jpeg

DBE1B93A-AB61-4175-A01F-15FDCD283015.jpeg

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redrockrubicon.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named Lucy, 2018 Bright White JLUR named Dru, 2020 Hella Yella JLUR named Stuart, 2000 TJ Bright Silver Metallic name Gru. 2020 Gladiator name Kassandra
Occupation
Jeep Tours/rentals
Small update, I went with an accutune 2.5” lift back in October. I’ve been radio silent though Bc of issues I’ve had. My full review will come soon and comparison between the dynatrac and the accutune lift with fox 2.5 dsc 3.5-4” shocks. I had to send the shocks back to them to get retuned and they specifically had to revalve the dsc adjuster. About a month turnaround unfortunately Bc of mistakes their company made.... oh well. Lesson learned on my part. I will not use their company ever again.

After the second revalving from accutune the shocks definitely feel much better. The issue I had before after their initial tune (which was the softest tune they could do) was the shocks at their lowest softest setting were suuuuper harsh and firm off-road compared to the dynatrac lift. While on road they were ok; but, they were definitely not “more comfortable “ as accutune had advertised. Interestingly enough after I complained to them about this, they revised their JL lift descriptions to get rid of that description of “more comfortable” Bc I had complained they were the polar opposite. Well despite having purchased their kit with a free revalving/tuning I still had to fork over $100 for shipping and $220 to have them revalve the DSC adjusters. I did agree to this Bc I wanted this addressed.....anyways enough about accutune I have tons of documented proof and emails about why I would never use them again.

One piece of advice for the newbies whom are reading, upgraded 2.5” shocks that don’t adjust for rebound dampening (pretty much only bypass shocks do this) and only adjust for compression dampening do NOT make your jeep ride more comfortable off-road. What they do is prevent bottoming out. But to do this they make it harder for the oil to flow through valves which in turn make your ride harsh! They all do this (except for bypass shocks :) )... that’s the point of shocks. Don’t let any company tell you they are more comfortable. Yes ride is “subjective” but what isn’t subjective is the word comfortable. Comfortable is the opposite of a harsh bouncy firm ride.... if comfortable and plush is what your after I would not blow hard earned money on high end 2.5” shocks. If your planning on bombing through the desert at 60 mph and hitting give outs and whoops ok maybe get them but your ride will not be more comfortable... that’s misinformation... it will prevent you from bottoming out.

The trade off for the 2.5 adjustable shocks is a firmer, more planted ride, that has less body roll, less brake dive, and can handle rough terrain at high speeds and desert. All in all I do like the 2.5 fox shocks i wish I would have just bought them off the shelf and paired them with synergy 3” coils (oh wait I bought synergy coils on Black Friday special ;) )... but I mostly like them for their adjustability and massive flex! I’m running 2” adjustable rock crawler bump stops up front and the 2” aluminum block from accutune in the rear. Check out the passenger tire almost making contact with the oem fender bracket.

D1D95A66-F139-4879-A1AC-04F6199D69F9.jpeg

B2682902-FA6B-4C0E-8C39-4AF3780BFFE6.jpeg

62FBC980-E7CE-4FE1-BC47-AD6D37619C2E.jpeg
Just so none of us make the same mistake, when accutune asked you how you wanted the shocks tuned (street, trail, rockcrawler, etc) what did you tell them?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just so none of us make the same mistake, when accutune asked you how you wanted the shocks tuned (street, trail, rockcrawler, etc) what did you tell them?
I told them (over the phone) I used my jeep mostly Offroad but I wanted to have a very comfortable ride. Interestingly the breakdown of street trail rockcrawler was NOT an option for me when I bought.

when I got them back retuned they told me it’s a street tune now. And I think it’s perfect. I almost think you would be better off buying them off the shelf. They have a huge adjustment range.

RedRockRubicon

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.redrockrubicon.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR named Lucy, 2018 Bright White JLUR named Dru, 2020 Hella Yella JLUR named Stuart, 2000 TJ Bright Silver Metallic name Gru. 2020 Gladiator name Kassandra
Occupation
Jeep Tours/rentals
I told them (over the phone) I used my jeep mostly Offroad but I wanted to have a very comfortable ride. Interestingly the breakdown of street trail rockcrawler was NOT an option for me when I bought.

when I got them back retuned they told me it’s a street tune now. And I think it’s perfect. I almost think you would be better off buying them off the shelf. They have a huge adjustment range.
Thanks, good to know

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
@RenoMD Solid thread. Have you heard anything about when the Rugged Ridge chop kit is going to be released? They showcased them way back at SEMA 2018 and have said they were coming out for awhile. I called them a month ago and they said they were working through a design challenge and it would be 6 months.

OP
OP
RenoMD

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@RenoMD Solid thread. Have you heard anything about when the Rugged Ridge chop kit is going to be released? They showcased them way back at SEMA 2018 and have said they were coming out for awhile. I called them a month ago and they said they were working through a design challenge and it would be 6 months.
I unfortunately do not, a lot of their products come from Taiwan or China so there maybe delays with the corona virus shutting factories down. I’m surprised they are still having problems. They had them on their test vehicles for over a year now.
I know the chop brackets with just the side marker light are out at retailers but not the ones with the LED bar, or their fender kit.

amazon has 8 in stock

1417DB53-D064-4333-819E-418DB9AC90B7.png

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I unfortunately do not, a lot of their products come from Taiwan or China so there maybe delays with the corona virus shutting factories down. I’m surprised they are still having problems. They had them on their test vehicles for over a year now.
I know the chop brackets with just the side marker light are out at retailers but not the ones with the LED bar, or their fender kit.

amazon has 8 in stock

1417DB53-D064-4333-819E-418DB9AC90B7.png
Gotcha...I'm looking for the kit with LED
Sponsored