Sponsored

Renderings: New Jeep Wrangler JLU Brought to Life

orey22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Jeep Wrangler 2dr / 2019 JL 2dr
I wonder if the plastic black fenders are gone, and they'll all be painted now. Hopefully the black hard-top will still be available though.
Sponsored

Corduroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Cherokee
The DRL in fenders is actually a legit concern. They look nice but going to need rewiring just to change out fenders (which im sure most aftermarket ones will retain the feature). Removing the fenders completely of course is going to be more an issue so I'm thinking they probably found some good way to do this. We'll see. Pretty minor complaint and I don't think it turns it into a "mall crawler" lol I don't know where people get these ideas from. It looks like the same old Jeep to me and that's a good thing.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if the plastic black fenders are gone, and they'll all be painted now. Hopefully the black hard-top will still be available though.
The spy shot above answers your question regarding the top, as you can see, it's black on top where there's no camo. Fenders will more than likely be available either way too.

fatmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fancy new one for wifey, crappy old one for me
I haven't heard much talk or seen spy shots of a 2-door.. It will still exist right?

Sponsored

fatmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fancy new one for wifey, crappy old one for me
Never mind.. found it in another post!

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
That closed fender makes it look like one of the other Jeep models IMO.

But the Jeep below can't be mistaken for anything but a Wrangler. And with the gap between fender and bumper getting even larger it looks even more aggressive than ever. Love everything about how this thing looks so far and hope the JT carries the design forward even more.

Jeep Wrangler JL Renderings: New Jeep Wrangler JLU Brought to Life {filename}
Please explain how that looks aggressive ?

AVENTUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 750li sport
Are those Halo style LEDs wishful thinking or has that been confirmed? I know LED headlights are confirmed but did not know about the Halo styling.
HALO / Corona rings around headlight would be super crucial to making this extra distinctive

GI Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Waiting on next Wrangler
These are incredible renders and look realy accurate. I know its a small touch but really like they moved the Jeep logo to the quarter panel. Halo headlight rings is another nice small touch. And you'll be able to recognize this new generation just by its halo lights.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
The DRL in fenders is actually a legit concern. They look nice but going to need rewiring just to change out fenders (which im sure most aftermarket ones will retain the feature).
Well you already had to deal with wiring from the side markers on existing JK, the only difference is the number of wires. If you did the marker/turn-signal mod you know the wires for that, they just need to add 1 more wire (but likely 2 for cleanliness) to add a DRL component separtely, or if you treat the DRL=Marker, then add the same wire(s) to finally make the turn signal more visible from the sides (even before the ones on the mirrors).
The mirrors already have wires in them for heat and adjust, so again likely just 1 or 2 more wires in the loom, the only additionwould be an led behind amber plastic which may be more fragile than the solid enclosures, but likely less so than the actual glass mirror, and likely much cheaper to replace should people be that clumsy.

I like them both, and as someone who both does the signal mod, and removes his doors in summer it's a trade-off I'm happy to do to help people better understand my intentions on the tarmac, where I'm more concerned about others driving around in a comma.

Hopefully the amber lense in the mirror are recessed enough to not be affected by branches etc on the trails, if they are easily imapcted on the trails that could get costly and end up being a quick following MY redesign.

JBlackoutK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon
Imagine if the fender air vent/duct doubles as a release/handle for the removable doors ...
Sorry but that makes no sense. The hinges are what keep the doors on and there's still two of them per door. I'm not sure I'd want to drive around with some "quick release" button or handle mechanism that unlatches your doors in an instant. Imagine if it malfunctions or is inadvertently engaged while driving.