Sponsored

Removing the JL back seat: how easy or hard to remove?

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I wish we could get a 2 section seat, leave in a small Jump Seat that would fold and tumble, say 60/40.
Might be able to section a YJ/TJ rear seat for this.
Since I have a YJ rear seat, this could be an interesting project
Just keep a couple of these handy. 😁

2021_0901_ModernicaProps_NEW-ITEM_O00239_29x22x22_3_1024x1024.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
STW

STW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR 2door 2.0T Rubicon stingrey
I wish we could get a 2 section seat, leave in a small Jump Seat that would fold and tumble, say 60/40.
Might be able to section a YJ/TJ rear seat for this.
Since I have a YJ rear seat, this could be an interesting project
This!
we used to look for this to happen for TJs. It makes so much sense if there were a way to have the back seat split so you have use the full width of half the width for one rear passenger.

Btw, thanks all for the good info on JL back seats.

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
@STW It's super easy - I did it myself in five mins. I ended up getting this bag because I liked the material better - but what I really liked was the opening on the back. The removal is easy but handling it myself was a little awkward and having a bag with this wide of an opening made it easy. I was able to open it up, lay it flat and place the seat inside. Then a quick zip and I'm done.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJAJF8E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I pulled mine day 1, and gave it away. Need the space for my ride-along mechanic.

Jeep Wrangler JL Removing the JL back seat: how easy or hard to remove? Raccoon.JPG

Beth B

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport 2DR, Manual
It is so easy I take it off sometimes if I am gonna haul something and need the space. get back home and put it back in. it is a 1~3 minute job.
Taking it out is easy. How the heck do you put it back in? We have been struggling. Any suggestions or videos to share??

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Taking it out is easy. How the heck do you put it back in? We have been struggling. Any suggestions or videos to share??
I get it in sideways then rotate it once in the jeep. Get it in folded, in the position it is when you flip it to get more cargo space. You gotta get the front hooks to attach first, as in the position when it is flipped. Then you pull it down as in regular position and it latches.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
@STW It's super easy - I did it myself in five mins. I ended up getting this bag because I liked the material better - but what I really liked was the opening on the back. The removal is easy but handling it myself was a little awkward and having a bag with this wide of an opening made it easy. I was able to open it up, lay it flat and place the seat inside. Then a quick zip and I'm done.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PJAJF8E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
You store the seat inside the bag? Great idea.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I get it in sideways then rotate it once in the jeep. Get it in folded, in the position it is when you flip it to get more cargo space. You gotta get the front hooks to attach first, as in the position when it is flipped. Then you pull it down as in regular position and it latches.
Dam thing is HEAVY ! Getting it out by rotating and sliding barely, but getting back in, not for me. Luckily, once out, stays out. Might compare to to the extra YJ rear seat, see if something could be made to work

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
You store the seat inside the bag? Great idea.
I can't take credit :) There was an earlier thread about six months ago - but I really like this bag instead of the more plastic ones; because it's more pliable, I can wrap the excess around the seat and it's less cumbersome when stored IMO.

IMG_5178.jpg

Sponsored

Beth B

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport 2DR, Manual
We finally figured out what we were doing wrong. trying to clip it into the wrong place. Once we figured it out, it was much easier.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Removed mine yesterday. Was super easy to do and it fit upright in the corner of our spare closet. Cargo liner arrives tomorrow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Removing the JL back seat: how easy or hard to remove? IMG_4961
The 2 door JL looks amazing with the rear bench removed. Very clean Jeep by the way. Mine is completely trashed right now lol. I had the top off and there was a huge wind storm and got full of dirt and leaves and random trash.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
We finally figured out what we were doing wrong. trying to clip it into the wrong place. Once we figured it out, it was much easier.
Yeah the first time I did it it took me a while to figure it out. I think I was clipping the wrong place too. And it would lock, but it wouldnt latch properly.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLR, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
The 2 door JL looks amazing with the rear bench removed. Very clean Jeep by the way. Mine is completely trashed right now lol. I had the top off and there was a huge wind storm and got full of dirt and leaves and random trash.
I agree they look so much better without the rear seat. It's only 3 days old that's why it's so clean. lol The top is coming off soon, with all the dust out here it'll be dirty in no time. Hopefully I won't get caught in a dust storm! :tumbleweed:
Sponsored