Sponsored

Removing the aux battery and all it junk?

James Cole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello guys,

saw many posts that go over this but would like to know if there is a definitive best way remove the aux battery and all the cabling and if any problems would arise in the future… also is there a video or how to guide?

Thanks!
JC
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
You can remove the battery and remove fuse F42. Just cover the end of the cables and you should be good to go.

A better alternative is to just leave the aux battery in place and disconnect the negative post from aux to main battery terminal. Then remove fuse F42 to avoid getting an error code. You can use the aux battery to start your Jeep.

Thats what I did. I had a bad main battery from factory and when it left me stranded after a skiing day all I did was plug back the aux and drove back home.

I use my Jeep for camping trips and tow a small trailer. So I got myself a 80ah main battery (diehard platinum). That gives me 40ah I can use to charge my trailer's battery or run a fridge or whatever. I havent ran into issues yet, but if I do, I always have the aux battery there to get me going.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Currently researching this myself.
I have had a brand new main battery in my garage for months and just getting around to tis project now.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I just finished mine. Pulled the main battery and since I already had the inner fenders off I took the auxiliary battery out from the bottom. Instead of just stopping there I decided to take the excess cables out of the top. It really was not as bad as I expected. I completely removed the auxiliary ground cable and connected the positive side to the main battery. Everything seems to be working.
Sponsored