Sponsored

Removing the automatic braking system pump will void warranty?

Adamparis22

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu sport
Would removing the abs pump void any power train warranties?
Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

Would removing the abs pump void any power train warranties?
Well, you will hear the talk about the warranty laws require the altered/removed component has to relate to whatever mechanical failure you are making a warranty claim on. That is all 100% true on paper. So an engine or transmission failure, for example, doesn't seem like it should be related to the ABS.

However good the law sounds as written, in the day-to-day world, I can guarantee FCA will do all they can to creatively tie your monkeying with the ABS system to a powertain failure. Maybe the lack of ABS overly stressed the powertrain when decelerating, etc. You get the gist. They'll likely deny your powertain claim and then its up to you to go find a lawyer on your own dime, arbitrate the claim, and maybe 50/50 get a decision your way. FCA has the money and time to do that. Most of us average Joe's do not. That's the reality in my view.

Beside that, I'll bet the jeep's computer will go absolutely crazy when it senses an ABS "failure". I can only imagine the codes and other lights that will go off!

Last edited by a moderator:

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Why do you want to remove the ABS pump?

OP
OP

Adamparis22

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu sport
Why do you want to remove the ABS pump?
theres no need for ABS in my opinion, if I need to lock up all four tires I want to be able to do it.
Plus it frees up more room in the engine bay

OP
OP

Adamparis22

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jlu sport
In m
Well, you will here the talk about the warranty laws require the altered/removed component has to relate to whatever mechanical failure you are making a warranty claim on. That is all 100% true on paper. So am engine or transmission failure, for example, doesn't seem like it should be related to the ABS.

However good the law sounds as written, in the day-to-day world, I can guarantee FCA will do all they can to creatively tie your monkeying with the ABS system to a powertain failure. Maybe the lack of ABS overly stressed the powertrain when decelerating, etc. You get the gist. They'll likely deny your powertain claim and then its up to you to go find a lawyer on your own dime, arbitrate the claim, and maybe 50/50 get a decision your way. FCA has the money and time to do that. Most is us average Joes do not. That's the reality in my view.

Beside that, I'll bet the jeep's computer will go absolutely crazy when it senses an ABS "failure". I can only imagine the codes and other lights that will go off!
In my 2005 dodge 2500 only thing that happened was my abs light came on, but a good test of that will be to pull the fuse to the pump and find out

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Ok, I never thought about freeing up space. Like said above, pull the fuse to disable it.

And I’m not going to disagree with you about having the ability to lock up the brakes when needed. I’m a firm believer in having full control over the inputs I choose, ie: when I hit the gas pedal, I damn well want results, not the sputtering because it’s icy out and the Jeep decides it doesn’t want to spin the tires.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
ABS is considered a major safety feature by insurance companies. Should you disable it, and be involved in an accident, regardless of fault, the fact that you disabled ABS may cause your insurance to drop you, and not pay any claims. Read the fine print on your policy. How will they know ? Your Black Box, and computer will rat you out.
Disable it for off road by Fuse pulling, but on road , it might be a real tough decision to defend.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
The rationale given for disabling ABS isn't persuasive to me. But to each their own.

ABS is a safety system. Disabling it will likely disable Stablility Control as well. That may seem like a good idea to you as well. You also may want to cut the seat belts out and remove the air bags as well. Cutting out the roll cage would probably save some weight.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
The rationale given for disabling ABS isn't persuasive to me. But to each their own.

ABS is a safety system. Disabling it will likely disable Stablility Control as well. That may seem like a good idea to you as well. You also may want to cut the seat belts out and remove the air bags as well. Cutting out the roll cage would probably save some weight.
😂 post of the thread right here.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
If I were doing these types of mods, the last thing I would worry about is the warranty.

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
theres no need for ABS in my opinion, if I need to lock up all four tires I want to be able to do it.
Plus it frees up more room in the engine bay
No need? So what happens when you don't want to lock the brakes but panic and end up locking the brakes causing injury or damage to you or someone else?

If you don't want safety features go buy an old CJ. Don't forget to remove the seatbelts too.

Deleted member 59498

I can't imagine removing ABS, one of the best things invented since the air bag for safety. I can not imagine any circumstance in slamming the breaks when I don't want the computer compensating for my heavy foot. Use technology it is many times far better than you in stopping or whatever it is there to do, or it would not have been successful to start with. Locking all 4 wheels in a panic emergency is BAD.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Remember a warranty is basically insurance and insurance companies love to find ways out of paying .
Sponsored