Sponsored

Removing Steering Wheel

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Tips or How to's on removing the steering wheel... In my Jk's I switched volume and stereo channel buttons on back of wheel, so volume is on left side. On the Jk it isn't wiring dependent, but activated by switches; hope the JL is the same.
Sponsored

smarshall

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Any luck figuring this out? I want to remove the silver trim and wrap it. The sun glare off the silver is distracting.

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 JKU Rubicon, 17 JKU Sport on Roids, 18 JLU Rubicon, 19 JL Rubicon ordered, RAM, Range Rover
Any luck figuring this out? I want to remove the silver trim and wrap it. The sun glare off the silver is distracting.
No... Still waiting on someone to post info..... ANYONE?

Andy-jr.

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 White JKU, 2012 Black JK 2018 White Grand Cherokee, 2001 TJ, 2020 JLUR EcoDiesel
Vehicle Showcase
Tips or How to's on removing the steering wheel... In my Jk's I switched volume and stereo channel buttons on back of wheel, so volume is on left side. On the Jk it isn't wiring dependent, but activated by switches; hope the JL is the same.
Did you ever figure this out? I also did the volume swap on my JKU and would like to do the same on the JLU.

Sponsored

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have not!

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

OP
OP

DeVoTee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I used some grip tape. Basically like black electrical tape, but more flexible (moldable), and a dull (not glossy) finish. Blends right in, don’t notice it and no more glare on the windshield!
Sponsored