removing rear seat and cargo area

Four Flusher

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray, auto
I have a ‘06 LJ and the rear seat is super easy to remove and I get a good amount of cargo area. Any idea if the rear on the JL is easy to yank and cargo area?
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
There's a thread here with detailed dimensions for the rear of the JLU. If you search for cargo you should find it.

Warning: while the JL rear seat is removable (don't know how easy compared to our LJs) the JLU rear seat does not appear to be. Instead it lays mostly flat, very much unlike our LJs!

SisterRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon, soon I hope!!!
There's a thread here with detailed dimensions for the rear of the JLU. If you search for cargo you should find it.

Warning: while the JL rear seat is removable (don't know how easy compared to our LJs) the JLU rear seat does not appear to be. Instead it lays mostly flat, very much unlike our LJs!
I ordered JLU and WILL be removing rear seat(s)....... hope there is a way to do it that is not too much work....... torch?? lol!!!

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I ordered JLU and WILL be removing rear seat(s)....... hope there is a way to do it that is not too much work....... torch?? lol!!!
I'm sure they are just bolted on. Having seats as part of the frame seems ludicrous.

Sponsored

Arkewn

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have a ‘06 LJ and the rear seat is super easy to remove and I get a good amount of cargo area. Any idea if the rear on the JL is easy to yank and cargo area?
I have an LJ and am looking forward to NOT taking my back seat out on a future JL. The JL cargo area appears to lay pretty flat in pix (and in person when when I tried it) and looks pretty functional for moving stuff around to my rental properties when I need it.

Now that I think about it... having to remove the LJ seat completely when I need space and now having 2 kids, in a weird way the back seat is my biggest motivation to buy a new JL...

HamiltonGuy

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLSU
Hey folks, if you wanted to camp in your Jeep and were interested in how to remove the rear seat of the Wrangler JL, including models with the gap cover, you might enjoy the following video. Stay safe and well.
Sponsored