• Total voters

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
No but I can lay a strip of packing tape over the front of the letters and apply as one piece. Thanks for idea.
If I hadn't used the ones on my Grand Cherokee about a minute before trading it in, I would have sent you mine. :/
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No but I can lay a strip of packing tape over the front of the letters and apply as one piece. Thanks for idea.
One thing you can do is use very narrow strips of painters tape to align the letters Put it to each side and above the letters. As an example, when I pulled my Wrangler Unlimited sticker, I used tape to mark the edges first. That way when I put the new one in its place, it would line up the same. You could definitely put strips of tape in between the letters before removing them so you maintain the alignment when you replace them.
20180826_112926-1195x2124.jpg

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So I decided to remove the Jeep emblem and the Wrangler sticker. The sticker came off pretty easy and in one piece.

The Jeep emblem was a bit tougher. I got the letters off, but it left behind most of the adhesive and rubberized material. I have used Goo Gone to help soften the rest, but I still have a bunch of residue. It looks like a bit of time and elbow grease will be necessary to get the rest off.

On the passenger side I may try a light touch on a heat gun. I read of folks who said their letter came off easily, I'd love to know how they did that.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I decided to remove the Jeep emblem and the Wrangler sticker. The sticker came off pretty easy and in one piece.

The Jeep emblem was a bit tougher. I got the letters off, but it left behind most of the adhesive and rubberized material. I have used Goo Gone to help soften the rest, but I still have a bunch of residue. It looks like a bit of time and elbow grease will be necessary to get the rest off.

On the passenger side I may try a light touch on a heat gun. I read of folks who said their letter came off easily, I'd love to know how they did that.

I think anyone who gets the Jeep letters off easily signed a contract with the devil. I took mine off after they had been in place for 6 years, but that adhesive holding them on is no joke. It takes a lot of elbow grease and Goo Gone to get rid of it all. I pulled them on a very hot day, but I really don't think the heat did me any favors (unlike on the vinyl decals).

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think anyone who gets the Jeep letters off easily signed a contract with the devil. I took mine off after they had been in place for 6 years, but that adhesive holding them on is no joke. It takes a lot of elbow grease and Goo Gone to get rid of it all. I pulled them on a very hot day, but I really don't think the heat did me any favors (unlike on the vinyl decals).

Ugh, I was really hoping that a hot Texas day tomorrow would make my job easier. I'll report on my progress (or lack thereof) tomorrow.

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have found the solution to the decal and badge removal process!!

Goo Gone, an old credit card, and lots of swearing and elbow grease.

Have no fears, I have a new trail rated badge that I will installing later. I'm just swapping out the red colors.

Even the Rubi decals on the hood will be replaced shortly.

IMG_0437.jpg
IMG_0435.jpg

Tex117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Unlimited Sport S (Sold); 2019 JLUR
2D4D4D89-09E9-4D4A-9DE6-17AC7A54D83C.jpeg
It seems like the Rubi lettering is just too darn big. It looks great to me without.
I think this looks real sharp and will be doing the same on my JL.

However, in case I change my mind, does Mopar sell these aftermarket?

OrangeRuby

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JL)
Pulled my logos and stickers on the new 2020 last night. Figured out how to disassemble them without breaking. Going to redo them in colors of my choosing and put the Jeep badges and trail rated badge back. The red accents just aren’t my thing. Used 3M adhesive remover as it is safe for clear coat. Would like to redo the rubi stickers exactly the way they were, but with custom colors. Thinking pixel decals for that one.

image.jpg

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
I’d like to remove the sticker of the dealership on rear drivers side, but am unsure how, please send tips. TIA

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
I think this looks real sharp and will be doing the same on my JL.

However, in case I change my mind, does Mopar sell these aftermarket?
yes I bought some for my buddies jk that we’re falling off as a birthday present, look at allmoparparts.com

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I’d like to remove the sticker of the dealership on rear drivers side, but am unsure how, please send tips. TIA
Google for several methods. The hard plastic ones are usually removed by heating and using dental floss. Last night I was cooking on the grill and noticed my dealer stamp was just some rubberized stuff so I peeled it off with my fingernail. I'll use some WD40 to remove the residue today.
Sponsored