Do you plan to remove your decals?

• Total voters

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
This will be my first Rubicon and I've never really cared for big decals all over the car. It seems like the Rubicon decal this round in particular is just too darned big. It also seems like they will always have the red border. Regardless of which JL you are getting, will you be removing some, all, or none of your decals? In the past if you have removed them how easy is it?
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My first mod is to remove the Wrangler stickers on the side. I just want the 'jeep' emblem on the side. I'd remove the 'trail rated' badge too but it looks indented.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
WD40 :)

This will be my first Rubicon and I've never really cared for big decals all over the car. It seems like the Rubicon decal this round in particular is just too darned big. It also seems like they will always have the red border. Regardless of which JL you are getting, will you be removing some, all, or none of your decals? In the past if you have removed them how easy is it?

Sponsored

rcr1340

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon(LJ)
Occupation
retail manager
I always pull of the stickers on the fender. I peel off the "Wrangler" sticker bc if you don't know its a Wrangler, it don't matter. I do like the "Trail rated" badge and leave that on.

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I always pull of the stickers on the fender. I peel off the "Wrangler" sticker bc if you don't know its a Wrangler, it don't matter. I do like the "Trail rated" badge and leave that on.
This! 'Wrangler' stickers on a Wrangler is just silly but I understand why its there from factory. Also with how much Rubicons cost you better believe that Rubi sticker is staying on the hood...lol. Especially since I like the new bolder JL Rubi hood decals. I also like the trail rated badge but may remove the Jeep badge too.

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
2D4D4D89-09E9-4D4A-9DE6-17AC7A54D83C.jpeg
It seems like the Rubi lettering is just too darn big. It looks great to me without.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Revelation17

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 Corvette; '19 JLRU (Manual, Firecracker red)
Occupation
slave for "the man"
Vehicle Showcase
I'll have to see what I like and what I don't. I've never understood the whole de-badging thing that folks do. That said, it's entirely possible that I'll pull a couple of the stickers off. I agree that the Rubicon sticker is going to stay unless I can come up with a cool name and I get a custom sticker to replace it.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
I just want a decal that says something new and original like 'take your top off' or 'get dirty'.

Or maybe a few more 4x4 decals like they sell at AutoZone

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ever tried to order a Rubicon and ask to have the sticker not installed but left on the backing paper for later installation?

OP
OP
banessi

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone ever tried to order a Rubicon and ask to have the sticker not installed but left on the backing paper for later installation?
I asked when I ordered and they said it has to be installed. If you spoke to the right person it could probably happen but connecting with the right person is the rub.