Removing Hard Top with Lange Power Hoist

MEO73

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon
I dont know. I’m assuming not. I am going to call them at some point to find out. I like it better than a hoist system as there are no cables to squish the rubber weather stripping and leaving a top dangling from a hoist always concerns me. The top is raised up with this as well, but it appears to be more stable.

ClayMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX, BMW 328i Convertible
I have the same hoist. I suspect that the spoiler at the back of the hardtop is going to cause a problem. I'm pretty confident I will be able to figure something out.
Do you guys have any new information on this? I have placed my order for JLUR with dual top. Now I am organizing my garage to receive this fun car. I am considering installing a hoist to remove the hardtop as soon as possible. What are your thoughts? Is there anything available in the market right now

offcamber

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I made my own copy of the Lange hoist using a friends for a template. It cost me a total of about $75 including the winch. I use a strab with a hook on the end for the rear of the top. Mine should work with the JL no problem.

ClayMan

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RDX, BMW 328i Convertible
I made my own copy of the Lange hoist using a friends for a template. It cost me a total of about $75 including the winch. I use a strab with a hook on the end for the rear of the top. Mine should work with the JL no problem.
Your idea is probably better but since I don’t have my Jeep yet, it is hard to take measurements. I was hoping that by paying a few hundred dollars markup, I will save time and I will be ready in advance. And once I receive my Jeep, I can take the top off and take it for a beach ride.

I might just go ahead and build one. There are many videos on YouTube

Advertisement

Winjet

Advertisement