Sponsored

Removed Stock Muffler

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's one of the reasons why I'm looking at this for my exhaust needs.
Price, value, perfection, nobody even comes close. Ok, maybe they come close. JMHO.
Flowmaster 817837 2.5" American Thunder Axel Back System for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL with 3.6L $119.97 at Quadratech.

flowmaster-american-thunder-single-rear-exhaust-axle-back-system-jl-817837.jpg

Installed it Saturday. I needed a exhaust expander to get it on. Here it is:

KIMG1104.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
I ordered the Flowmaster 817837 today. Ill toss up video ect once i get it and install it next week.
I'm curious about this as well. I've seen one mention of either this flowmaster or a design that's similar needing to have the rear sway bar relocated down using a spacer. Please let us know how it goes.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Using the DYNOMAX TURBO--there's no relocation of anything, but

W.E.

JIMBO

It's a mild sound/w no DRONE
SUNP0175.JPG

72commando

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Jeep Commando, '18 JLU sport s
I'm curious about this as well. I've seen one mention of either this flowmaster or a design that's similar needing to have the rear sway bar relocated down using a spacer. Please let us know how it goes.
The hooker exhaust option has a rsb relo in the kit and instructions. This one does not for some reason. Ill include all the details on install ect in this thread when I get it one.

Sponsored

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Yeah I’m trying to figure out where it comes out underneath? Hopefully not under the bumper..

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Using the DYNOMAX TURBO--there's no relocation of anything, but

W.E.

JIMBO

It's a mild sound/w no DRONE
SUNP0175.JPG
I ordered the same one, Will be installing it this weekend. Any tips on the install or removal?

Thanks

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
Yeah--if you have to doit on the garage floor, it's tougher, but that's the way I did mine--

Loosen the exhaust pipe clamp first(13mm socket,1' extension)--mine was spot welded on the muffler pipe, so don't worry about removing it--

Spray some WD-40 on the RUBBER muffler mounts(2) and pry them IN to remove, you may want a jack stand under the muffler to keep from warping the exhaust pipe conn.--

Jiggle(twist) the stocker off--

Now if you want the SS TURBO to be easily visible from the rear--put the RUBBER mounts back on the NEW muffler and slip the exhaust pipe on the JL pipe first(don't forget the NEW clamp)--

I love SS, but I wasn't crazy about the muffler being so visible and subject to rocks/debris, so I installed mine with two SS 1-1/2" HOSE clamps--easy job-

Now I don't drive mine on the freeway, so I can't hear/feel any vibration/noise from the mounting without the RUBBER mounts-

This TURBO works for me because I run the RUBY "TOPLESS' and my wife doesn't care for exhaust NOISE--I have a FLOWMASTER "10" on my RAM and ILOVE THAT SOUND-

Good luck

JIMBO

Last edited:

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Yeah--if you have to doit on the garage floor, it's tougher, but that's the way I did mine--

Loosen the exhaust pipe clamp first(13mm socket,1' extension)--mine was spot welded on the muffler pipe, so don't worry about removing it--

Spray some WD-40 on the RUBBER muffler mounts(2) and pry them IN to remove, you may want a jack stand under the muffler to keep from warping the exhaust pipe conn.--

Jiggle(twist) the stocker off--

Now if you want the SS TURBO to be easily visible from the rear--put the RUBBER mounts back on the NEW muffler and slip the exhaust pipe on the JL pipe first(don't forget the NEW clamp)--

I love SS, but I wasn't crazy about the muffler being so visible and subject to rocks/debris, so I installed mine with two SS 1-1/2" HOSE clamps--easy job-

Now I don't drive mine on the freeway, so I can't hear/feel any vibration/noise from the mounting without the RUBBER mounts-

This TURBO works for me because I run the RUBY "TOPLESS' and my wife doesn't care for exhaust NOISE--I have a FLOWMASTER "10" on my RAM and ILOVE THAT SOUND-

Good luck

JIMBO
Thanks Very Much for all the advise! Have a Great holiday Weekend!

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
You might want to use a CROW BAR to pry those RUBBER MOUNTS LOOSE, they're not hard to remove, but the CROW BAR will give some easy fulcrum power to :"PRY"--

You have a great weekend also-

JIMBO

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
You might want to use a CROW BAR to pry those RUBBER MOUNTS LOOSE, they're not hard to remove, but the CROW BAR will give some easy fulcrum power to :"PRY"--

JIMBO
I just un bolted the hangers. It was way easier.

If you look up by the hangers there are two bolts now. 13mm I believe. Super quick and easy

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager

JIMBO
Just installed the Dynomax! About 45 min. I love it! Looks great and the sound is just enough!
Sponsored