Sponsored

Removed my JL Sport "Euro" Bumper Pieces

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I removed mine this weekend. I live in Florida and definitely was concerned with elements getting to the lights, rain every other day thru summer and it looks like housing wires around the bulbs is not waterproof. I took a dremel tool with a general cutting bit and tightly cut around the line that meets with the back of the bumper. Was a little tricky and took my time, had to sand the edges a little in the end, but looks good now and still covers the fog light backs.
I have had mine exposed since February with aftermarket LEDs and no issues! It has been through A LOT of snow and rain and rocks since then. Doesn't look worn or anything. I think it is pretty shielded in there.
Sponsored

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL
I removed mine this weekend. I live in Florida and definitely was concerned with elements getting to the lights, rain every other day thru summer and it looks like housing wires around the bulbs is not waterproof. I took a dremel tool with a general cutting bit and tightly cut around the line that meets with the back of the bumper. Was a little tricky and took my time, had to sand the edges a little in the end, but looks good now and still covers the fog light backs.
I also did this. Show us your finished product.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
where can i buy these to cover the back of the fog lights? having trouble finding them.
You can't buy them. You have to cut them out of the euro bumpers when you remove them.

Sponsored

Mad Beach

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
where can i buy these to cover the back of the fog lights? having trouble finding them.
These are the original pieces, just cut . I decided to cut them to keep the fog light wires covered up. These photos just show my finished look.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These are the original pieces, just cut . I decided to cut them to keep the fog light wires covered up. These photos just show my finished look.
The Sahara and Rubicon front bumpers although a little different are similar to the Sport models. I've wondered if you could buy the back cover for a Sahara and Rubicon and retrofit it on a Sport. I've seen it in person and it uses clips vs screws and the holes are in similar places. If it fits you would use the screws but* if the holes were different you would just make new holes and leave the clips on. This would be an interesting project for someone to pursue. I cut mine as well but would be interested if this would work.

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.

OnNightfall

First Name
Johann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There is another thread on here about this topic - https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...port-euro-close-out-cover-bumper-pieces.2996/

I read it a few weeks ago and think someone purchased the Sahara covers to try on their Sport bumper but they didn’t fit. So the best course of action if you want to make it neat and tidy is to break out the Dremel.
Thanks for the link I posted a reply. Would you happen to know any threads with a solution to the backup camera being obstructed by an oversize wheel\tire? I found one but the best that happened was the camera was pushed out a little more but I see no aftermarket support or much talk on this.

rob28

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 2dr Willys. 2021.
Sorry, can’t help you there. I just remembered the one quoted above as this is something I want to do as soon as ours arrives - if the wife lets me.
Apparently taking a Dremel to a brand new Wrangler makes her nervous for some reason.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Anyone know the price of the "euro bumpers"? I want to remove them, but I'd also like to buy an extra set for Dremeling to make a cover for the back of the bumper. Don't think the dealer would be thrilled if I mad an irreversible mod to my lease, but I could throw the originals back on at lease end if I don't buy it out. If they were $30 a piece or something it would be no big deal.

Cmarr22

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Anyone know the price of the "euro bumpers"? I want to remove them, but I'd also like to buy an extra set for Dremeling to make a cover for the back of the bumper. Don't think the dealer would be thrilled if I mad an irreversible mod to my lease, but I could throw the originals back on at lease end if I don't buy it out. If they were $30 a piece or something it would be no big deal.
I'm in that same boat brother!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I bet someone in the aftermarket will offer covers in the future.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

by the time your wrangler lease is up, these will be all over ebay and craigs list for dirt cheap. tons of people will remove them and toss them in the trash or sell them cheap.

steelerpsugirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S
I lease and have made a bunch of mods already- I was told it wasn't too much of a big deal. I kept the pieces in case, but actually just switched out my bumper as well (kept the original one). You can always buy out the lease and turn around and sell the Jeep or trade it!! At least that's my thought as this point since there's no turning back!
Sponsored