Remove rear window frame

ClaytonFire

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I hate posting a question that should be able to be found on google but... I've searched google and this forum and haven't found an answer soooo...

I am looking for a way to remove the rear window frame (black plastic piece) from my JLU soft top for when the doors are off and top back. Is it not called a window frame because I can't find it on google...
I really like the way the hard top looks with doors/top off without that L shaped piece...

Thanks!
Sponsored

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
I hate posting a question that should be able to be found on google but... I've searched google and this forum and haven't found an answer soooo...

I am looking for a way to remove the rear window frame (black plastic piece) from my JLU soft top for when the doors are off and top back. Is it not called a window frame because I can't find it on google...
I really like the way the hard top looks with doors/top off without that L shaped piece...

Thanks!
Are you referring to the piece right behind the rear doors, basically the C post? If so, it’s in 2 sections, I believe. There should be a nut about the middle of it. Start the disassembly by removing that.

OP
OP
ClaytonFire

ClaytonFire

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Are you referring to the piece right behind the rear doors, basically the C post? If so, it’s in 2 sections, I believe. There should be a nut about the middle of it. Start the disassembly by removing that.
Yes. The c pillar. I’m just not that adventurous yet when it comes to taking parts off the Jeep. Was just surprised I couldn’t find instructions anywhere!
Sponsored