K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
New member (insert Jeep Wave *here*)

For the life of me I can't figure out how to remove the air dam from my 2021 Willys. Every single YouTube video I've watched has the brush guard plastic pins open so you can remove them very easily. With the Willys, the front bumper has small indentations in the back of the bumper and those pins are UP in those indentations so it's very difficult for me to get a trim removal tool in there and pop them off. Does anyone have an idea how to do this properly or do I have to completely remove the front bumper to take it off?

Jeep Wrangler JL Remove air dam from 2021 JLU Willys? 2021-02-23_11-50-22
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Welcome to the club! I use a pair of hooks to pull down on the pin to open the pin then pull on the body of the pin to remove. They are a pain to get out.
Gregj

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I have probably the same weird pins on my 2021 JLU too, not the one shown in all the removal videos. No idea how you're supposed to get them loose. There's no center pin to remove to release them.

EDIT: They come out relatively easily with a trim removal tool, Just have to get something between the two discs and gently pry apart.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K9-01

K9-01

First Name
Chantelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
I have probably the same weird pins on my 2021 JLU too, not the one shown in all the removal videos. No idea how you're supposed to get them loose. There's no center pin to remove to release them.

EDIT: They come out relatively easily with a trim removal tool, Just have to get something between the two discs and gently pry apart.
I FINALLY figured it out with the damn trim removal tool!

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I FINALLY figured it out with the damn trim removal tool!
You can buy a bag of push pins from Amazon (or most auto supply stores) that are easier to remove in the future. I never did proactively replace any, as a trim tool is easy enough, but you could if you wanted.

I had to replace a number after the previous owner installed mudflaps badly (4 broke while on my first day on a mountain trail in the hood liner). It is good to have (I keep the small bag in under the back storage).
Sponsored