First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Mega cab truck
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Remote Start quit working. Dealer ordered part, on backorder, don’t know how long it will take to come in. Anyone else have this problem?
Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
For me remote start is needed here in Houston, when I come out of work or say the mall I want that A/C started as soon as possible, like today it was 108 with the heat index so Im sure the inside of my buggy was hot as the :devil:

I do miss the 8.4 I had on my Compass as I had the phone app so could start it a lot sooner but it was buggy and only worked half the time

OP
OP
Pawpaw

Pawpaw

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Mega cab truck
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
When it is over 100 degrees outside , I like to have my Jeep be a little cool inside, when I get through shopping at the mall.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
When I worked in the Texas Panhanlde in the oil field it was not as bad as there was no trees to block the wind that blew 24/7....

Slockhart98

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 2018 Rubi
Remote Start quit working. Dealer ordered part, on backorder, don’t know how long it will take to come in. Anyone else have this problem?
When yours stopped working, didnthe horn still honk when you tried to use the remote start? I just noticed mine stopped working last night

Sponsored

HoneyBadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
When yours stopped working, didnthe horn still honk when you tried to use the remote start? I just noticed mine stopped working last night
I noticed mine wasn't working this morning, which it was working yesterday without problems. It'll honks once instead of twice and doesn't start and doesn't have any failure messages. The only thing that changed was I finally got my FlashCal yesterday. I suspect that someone was in there (my JL was "used" and the dealership adding the lift and tires when the first owner purchased it) cause my ESS wasn't working before and its working now.

HoneyBadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I read that but from what I understood is it would start and shut off after 10 seconds or there would be a remote start abort message? My previous JK would start and then shut off after 10 second if the gas was low and I believe thats what I read in the JL user manual as well. I currently have a quarter tank of gas and I would be really surprised if that is considered "too low" for the system to remote start

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Yes it runs for a few seconds then shuts off, and if you try to remote start it again it doesn't run a second time, it just doesn't try to start anymore.

HoneyBadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it runs for a few seconds then shuts off, and if you try to remote start it again it doesn't run a second time, it just doesn't try to start anymore.
Yes, thats what I understood as well. I havent been able to get it to remote start at all during the day regardless of if i turned it on and off or drove it. Now that im home I can actually play around with it and see. Something quirky is going on cause i just noticed that my quick blinker setting is on when it wasnt yesterday.

Sponsored

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Does it show any doors ajar? I wonder if a spare key inside messes with it?

HoneyBadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So figured out it was my FlashCal settings. The setting to disable the ESS interferes with the remote start system. Same as if you remove the hood ajar sensor #1 (thankyou jeepinformant!) So i either live with the ESS system or disable it via the other methods and have the warning light on the dash.

HoneyBadger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So figured out it was my FlashCal settings. The setting to disable the ESS interferes with the remote start system. Same as if you remove the hood ajar sensor #1 (thankyou jeepinformant!) So i either live with the ESS system or disable it via the other methods and have the warning light on the dash.
I wonder if the TAZER programmer would have worked better for this particular feature?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@HoneyBadger

With the Tazer JL or Tazer JL Lite, disable ESS works lets say seamlessly. In the Tazer's settings you disable ESS and that is it........... ESS is disabled. There is no evic warning light..

Remote Start is not at all impacted by the Tazer..