Remote Start for the 4XE worth it?

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Is Remote Start worth it for the 4XE? I hope to mostly use electric power and I live in a small town and rarely drive more than 10 miles per day. Remote start wouldn't really be applicable, because I wouldn't be starting the vehicle.

On a Tesla, if the car is plugged in, you can use your app to pre-cool or pre-heat the vehicle before you get rolling. Does anyone know if this works with the 4XE?
Sponsored

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
Was wondering same. You could remote start to run the AC/heat however while on electric, say if in the garage.

That said, would be sad to think Jeep wouldn't include an app for this, but I guess they didn't if you have to add remote start as an option.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
I love remote start in general, especially when I need to be out the door at 6 AM during winter sometimes for work...
But I have found initiating remote start on my wife’s Benz via the app to be a most annoying process. Maybe the MB app just sucks! I would personally prefer remote start key fob-based.

But yes, it would be nice to initiate remote start while in electric mode. I just wouldn’t want to keep it going too long and potentially burn through the electric range.

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
I have an all electric car (Chevy Bolt) and nothing is nicer then when we finish watching the Wash Caps in the dead of winter (well not now of course) and my car is parked in the freezing cold 4 blocks away, and as the game ends I just pull up the app and start the car pre-heating. No engine running of course, and when we get to the car it is nice and toasty warm.

I was hoping that I could pre-heat my 4xe (on order) with JUST electric, as I don't want the car actually running in the middle of a DC street... But looking at the manual, it's looking like you can't and that it will start the engine. Not a deal breaker, but disappointing. I hope I am wrong.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I'm not 100% sure on this but I thought r
I love remote start in general, especially when I need to be out the door at 6 AM during winter sometimes for work...
But I have found initiating remote start on my wife’s Benz via the app to be a most annoying process. Maybe the MB app just sucks! I would personally prefer remote start key fob-based.

But yes, it would be nice to initiate remote start while in electric mode. I just wouldn’t want to keep it going too long and potentially burn through the electric range.
Guessing it must be MB as I've had no problems with my wife's Grand Cherokee nor my GM products. GM wants an arm and a leg ($15 a month) once your trial time ends for remote app start.

Sponsored

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
My wife’s MB had the same problem. My Denali 2500 diesel has never failed to start with fob or the app.

Jeeperz Kreeperz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I have an all electric car (Chevy Bolt) and nothing is nicer then when we finish watching the Wash Caps in the dead of winter (well not now of course) and my car is parked in the freezing cold 4 blocks away, and as the game ends I just pull up the app and start the car pre-heating. No engine running of course, and when we get to the car it is nice and toasty warm.

I was hoping that I could pre-heat my 4xe (on order) with JUST electric, as I don't want the car actually running in the middle of a DC street... But looking at the manual, it's looking like you can't and that it will start the engine. Not a deal breaker, but disappointing. I hope I am wrong.
So, @Asterix2112, since you’ve done some homework on this, are you saying that there is an app to pre-heat the Jeep - without ordering remote start? And if so, is there a one-time and/or monthly cost for this app - as some manufacturers charge? If I could start the Jeep in the winter in my driveway, or at my office with an app and save the cost of the remote start, I’ll go this route. TIA

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
So, @Asterix2112, since you’ve done some homework on this, are you saying that there is an app to pre-heat the Jeep - without ordering remote start? And if so, is there a one-time and/or monthly cost for this app - as some manufacturers charge? If I could start the Jeep in the winter in my driveway, or at my office with an app and save the cost of the remote start, I’ll go this route. TIA
The app start is through the Uconnect system which you have to pay yearly for. I think the last time I renewed it was $75. But it also gives you the ability to voice reply to texts (not needed with Android Auto or Carplay), lock, unlock, and even find your Jeep. I don't know if you still need the remote start installed for it to work. But it doesn't work if the vehicle is covered, like in a garage or carport because it uses a satellite connection. I use it all the time in the winter for when I leave work.

OP
OP
PriceForFlight

PriceForFlight

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon

In Europe, Jeep sells a 4xe Renegade and Compass. They have already shown the "Go 4xe Live" app on a few videos, and from what I've seen from the above video (screen shot below) you are able to pre-heat or pre-cool the cabin with the app.

Jeep Wrangler JL Remote Start for the 4XE worth it? Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 9.05.37 AM

Unfortunately, I have no idea if this app is coming to the USA or the Wrangler 4xe.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I don't see any advantage to remote start. I mean, with the top and doors off, the A/C is just going to flow out of the Jeep anyway.

Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I don't see any advantage to remote start. I mean, with the top and doors off, the A/C is just going to flow out of the Jeep anyway.
With your location you wouldn't lol. It is very worth it in the cold states or for those who don't take the top off often. For me it is a winter thing as the doors and top are off most of the summer.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
With your location you wouldn't lol. It is very worth it in the cold states or for those who don't take the top off often. For me it is a winter thing as the doors and top are off most of the summer.
I added it to every vehicle I had when I lived in the Detroit area. Even added it to my company car which was against the "rules". Best way to handle snow.

WilderJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hopefully this functions better then the Uconnect app to remote start the 3.6L. Mine works 30% of the time and takes about 2 minutes to send the command.

KaiyaKai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chief Blue Rubicon 4XE
Hopefully this functions better then the Uconnect app to remote start the 3.6L. Mine works 30% of the time and takes about 2 minutes to send the command.
With this remote start, you have to be within a certain distance of the vehicle. I don't remember the exact length but it's not like the Uconnect app where you could, in theory, be a mile away and start it.

rkoco321

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK
Sorry about the bump, but has anyone figured out if it's possible to remote start via app without ordering remote start as a factory option.

For my personal needs, it's irrelevant to me whether I can remote start via key fob, at that point I can just walk to my vehicle and warm it up.
Sponsored