jeff1019d

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Hello,

Recently I've been using the remote starter in my 2018 JL Sport S as the mornings are getting cooler here in New England. The night before, I turn the interior temperature to HI and the fan to max speed so the cabin will be warm in the morning once the vehicle is started. When I start up in the morning with the remote starter, I notice that the fan does not come up to full speed until I open the driver's side front door. It seems the fan has been running, but at a very slow speed so the cabin does not get warm at all. As soon as I open the door, the fan revs up to full blast and I get heat.

Does anyone have any idea about what might be happening here? I didn't have any luck with the owner's manual in terms of guidance on this. It completely defeats the purpose of having a remote starter if you canā€™t warm up the internal temperature at all until you open the door of the vehicle. This canā€™t be normal operation but maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeff
Sponsored

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Hello,

Recently I've been using the remote starter in my 2018 JL Sport S as the mornings are getting cooler here in New England. The night before, I turn the interior temperature to HI and the fan to max speed so the cabin will be warm in the morning once the vehicle is started. When I start up in the morning with the remote starter, I notice that the fan does not come up to full speed until I open the driver's side front door. It seems the fan has been running, but at a very slow speed so the cabin does not get warm at all. As soon as I open the door, the fan revs up to full blast and I get heat.

Does anyone have any idea about what might be happening here? I didn't have any luck with the owner's manual in terms of guidance on this. It completely defeats the purpose of having a remote starter if you canā€™t warm up the internal temperature at all until you open the door of the vehicle. This canā€™t be normal operation but maybe I'm missing something. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jeff

Mine does this as well, but I think it's normal. Is it switching from Defrost tobthe top vents? How long are you waiting?

My guess would be that the jeep is prioritizing heating the engine up to nominal operating temperatures before the cabin. You can hear it running a different timing or mix in the beginning when you start up on cold mornings.

It doesn't completely defeat the purpose of remote start though; you are definitely still saving preheating time, and if you have heated seats and steering, those would be hot. People use it for air conditioning too.

The heater cores on these jeeps are actually known for heating up quickly to very high temperatures. A couple of blocks after a cold start in subfreezing temperatures and warm air is starting. Maybe wait an extra minute or two and see if the cabin warms up?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
In my 21 there is an option in UConnect to have heat or air turn on within a certain temp threshold. It doesn't matter what the controls are set to the night before until you get in and press the starter button to get it out of "remote start" mode. Not sure if the 18s are like this but worth checking.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Hello,

Thanks!
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
According to the owner's manual, your vehicle is equipped with the Comfort System feature which will override what is previously set if it is below 40 degrees or above 80 degrees. Turning off this feature should allow more control of the temperature in your vehicle. If this doesn't address your concerns, we'd suggest having your vehicle diagnosed by your local dealer. If you'd like additional assistance alongside them, feel free to send us a PM. We'd be happy to help.

Sarah
Jeep Cares
Sponsored