Remote amp turn on wire

Jeeperwv

First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport S
I have the base 5.0 uconnect - does anyone know if there is a remote amp turn on wire before I open it up and.....

If not - can I connect my amp to one of my factory accessory switches and turn the amp on this way?

Thanks
Sponsored

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I use the 40 amp aux switch for my 250 watt jl. Works great.

Tylerjcloud92

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL sport
What did you end up using? I’m assuming yours didn’t come with the six switches either?

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport

UrbanJeeper

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 JL
i used the the acc/pwr from the front cigarette lighter and it works perfect. ( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-jl-aftermaket-amplifier-audio-install.12886/ )
How did you remove the trim to get to the back of the cigarette lighter? I've seen a video where they removed the top portion of the dash to get at the radio. They started by removing the dial panel that houses the ac & volume dials but not sure how to remove the lower part. Does it just pop off also?

Last edited:

NYknowledge

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sport
How did you remove the trim to get to the back of the cigarette lighter? I've seen a video where they removed the top portion of the dash to get at the radio. They started by removing the dial panel that houses the ac & volume dials but not sure how to remove the lower part. Does it just pop off also?
After you remove the climate control section, there are 2 screws that hold in the bottom section that the cigarette lighter is attached to. remove them and pull the trim towards the shifter to snap off.
Sponsored