Remote–Proximity Keyless–Entry

E_H_Taylor

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The one option I did not get for my 2021 Wrangler Unlimited JL was the Remote–Proximity Keyless–Entry. Has anyone added this after market? Did you have it done by Jeep dealer service or some aftermarket shop?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I was wondering the same thing. The option wasn't available when I ordered mine last fall (tho it is now). So I will be ordering soon and hopefully will find someone to install it for me!

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU 3.6L Punk'n Willys
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
I was wondering the same thing. The option wasn't available when I ordered mine last fall (tho it is now). So I will be ordering soon and hopefully will find someone to install it for me!
my understanding the only way to get it on the Willys is by ordering with one of the half-door options, in which case buying the parts and doing it yourself or hell even having someone do it for you will still be a hell of a lot cheaper than having to get half doors for one feature.

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
my understanding the only way to get it on the Willys is by ordering with one of the half-door options, in which case buying the parts and doing it yourself or hell even having someone do it for you will still be a hell of a lot cheaper than having to get half doors for one feature.
Yes, but you could probably turn around and sell those half doors for a profit to some desperate soul on these forums!

Sponsored

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, but you could probably turn around and sell those half doors for a profit to some desperate soul on these forums!
very good point lol

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Actually the option wasn't even available at all, half doors weren't available either at the time. I ordered in Nov and took delivery in January. I miss this feature! I've contacted 2 dealers so far trying to find one to install it for me, but neither could (well 1 called back saying they didn't have the right tool but they would sell me the part for $600+ and the other place never even got back to me).

Punk'n Willy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fire Dept Dispatcher
Vehicle Showcase
Actually the option wasn't even available at all, half doors weren't available either at the time. I ordered in Nov and took delivery in January. I miss this feature! I've contacted 2 dealers so far trying to find one to install it for me, but neither could (well 1 called back saying they didn't have the right tool but they would sell me the part for $600+ and the other place never even got back to me).
Dealershit if full of shit, there is no tool only parts and them flashing the code to have your vehicle accept it. They just don't want to.

Genuine Mopar Passive Entry Kit (Part No: PSVENTRYJLBSM)

JK’sJL

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
It is not hard to do at all. You will need the kit(roughly $500) and the tazer mini. It’s plug and play and can be done with basic hand tools in under 2 hours. I reccomend it as it’s nice not to pull the key out everytime, but I do have a small issue listed on another post, but may just be a flash deal. Well worth it and it’s a mod that will add value

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys

Sponsored

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
It is not hard to do at all. You will need the kit(roughly $500) and the tazer mini. It’s plug and play and can be done with basic hand tools in under 2 hours. I reccomend it as it’s nice not to pull the key out everytime, but I do have a small issue listed on another post, but may just be a flash deal. Well worth it and it’s a mod that will add value
Maybe not hard at all for some someone who usually does those sort of things? I do some DIY but reading the instructions on the other thread looks complicated.

Also I don't even know what a tazer mini is - I googled it and looks like something to let you do some settings or something?

And then needing to visit a dealer anyway who will set the code (or is that what the tazer mini does?)

JK’sJL

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Welll that may be true. But honestly, you need 2 torque keys, a pair of pliers, a socket wrench and 1 socket, and some tape to hold the window. If you take your time and follow the video you can do it.
The tazer mini flashes your computer so that you bypass the dealer.
Mine now all works like a charm with no lights on the mirror, turned out to be a bent pin on the driver side. Very happy with the results.

Don’t let it intimidate you, but also know your limits.

tph88

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
The tazer mini flashes your computer so that you bypass the dealer.
Well I like the sound of that! Though I did get a recall notice about Advanced Brake Assist so have to go into one sometime soon.

Thanks for the clarification. ( I haven't read all 80+ pages of the instructions thread yet! )
Maybe I will give it a try. My last Wrangler I replaced the radio and ran the satellite antenna inside the frame, under the door and to the roll bar, so I'm sure I can do it this as well.
Now that it is finally warming up here, I can start working on my Jeep. :)

JK’sJL

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Well I like the sound of that! Though I did get a recall notice about Advanced Brake Assist so have to go into one sometime soon.

Thanks for the clarification. ( I haven't read all 80+ pages of the instructions thread yet! )
Maybe I will give it a try. My last Wrangler I replaced the radio and ran the satellite antenna inside the frame, under the door and to the roll bar, so I'm sure I can do it this as well.
Now that it is finally warming up here, I can start working on my Jeep. :)
Watch this once or twice

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I ordered the kit from a dealership that operates as "JeepsRUs" and they won't respond now that I have the kit.
I installed it, activated it with the Tazer mini, and it doesn't work. The person at Z-Automotive (that builds the Tazer) asked if I installed the boxes next to the handle too. What box? I asked him, "What box," and nothing but silence. I explained to him that I installed the wiring and plugged it in, than used his unit to activate it. What am I missing here?
Sponsored