Sponsored

Reminder to always check a shop's work if possible

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Meh. Use the money you would spend on sub-par labor to buy tools. Everyone knows someone with a garage. You gain experience by doing the work. Literally nobody will treat your rig better than you. Yes, my time is extremely valuable, but my peace of mind is extremely valuable as well. I don't let anyone touch my rigs if I can help it. Even did my own gears even though I had never done them before. Mount my own tires (beadlocks) and take them in to get balanced. I know exactly how every part of my suspension works because I've had it all apart. That adds peace of mind when I'm off-road that I can fix most things if something breaks.
Hats-off for setting your own gears, that's one thing I'm not sure about DIY'ing. @chevymitchell did a great job detailing the work, so maybe if & when I decide it needs to be done I may be PM'ing you lol.
How long did it take to set both axles, just curious since you were flying solo from the start.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hats-off for setting your own gears, that's one thing I'm not sure about DIY'ing. @chevymitchell did a great job detailing the work, so maybe if & when I decide it needs to be done I may be PM'ing you lol.
How long did it take to set both axles, just curious since you were flying solo from the start.
I’ll probably be heading up to see Shawn @chevymitchell when I’m ready for gears.... but don’t say anything, I haven’t told him yet........:)

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I took my time over a week and a half but could have probably easily done it in 2 full days. I have an extra rig and a motorcycle so wasn’t in a hurry. It really wasn’t that bad.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Also, always check your parts.

My front d/s which I ordered with my MC lift was assembled one spline off and thus out of phase. I just realized it when I marked it and slid it apart to replace the front u-joint (greaseables SUCK but that's ANOTHER discussion...).

Fortunately the splines aren't keyed so I reassembled properly.

Now that FAD delete seems more bearable because I don't get so many harmonics in 4hi at highway speeds. Go figure ;)