Sponsored

Remembering the first time you heard that engine cooling fan scream!

JLKSA

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Unlimited 2.0
It was the day after. Still only 30 miles on her. When I open the JL door you could smell that new car smell a mile away. So when I got in her that next morning and stopped at the local Starbucks and got out my JL and it happened! It sounded like a freight train was going off under the hood. I got that shocking feeling when you feel that chill go through you. I immediately stopped walking away from it turned back as it was still roaring got in and went straight home. I was listening on the way home if anything else would go wrong. That was a long shitty ride home! So I get out, I popped the hood but I didn’t see anything outta the ordinary. I walked in my house and cussed one word a few times and it was the one you enjoy saying during the intimacy time with your partner. I thought I got a dud. Something was wrong with it. It was still early 730am and planned to call the dealer. While my mind was just totally racing and horrified at the same time about what’s up with my new Jeep JL. I quickly swung on the internet and got info. Plenty of it. It was all good for me. It was a supposed normal thing and nothing to worry about. I was smiling again as I sipped that coffee watching my JL through the Starbucks window :)
Wish I would've found this thread before I started a new one. haha. I'm a newbie to the Jeep Life.
Sponsored

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
I'm guessing this is a 2018-19 issue??
I live in a very warm climate and have been to Sedona in June when it was above 100 and never heard anything outrageous from the engine fans🤔
2021 JLUR 2.0T

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly
I'm guessing this is a 2018-19 issue??
I live in a very warm climate and have been to Sedona in June when it was above 100 and never heard anything outrageous from the engine fans🤔
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Nope. My '21 JLR sounds like an F14 on full afterburner when it just *thinks* it's going to get hot...and I live north of Seattle.
Sponsored