Sponsored

Reliable Source of Production/Delivery Info

cabreralizzy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon on order)
I am new the the forum. I have been very impressed with how informed the members are and their willingness to respond to the inquired of fellow members. With that, would love some guidance on the whole production/delivery process and whether there is a reliable source for this information. I ordered a 2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (JLJS74) on 6/11 as a gift for my son. At that time, my dealer was not sure how long delivery would take due to a number of reasons. Since that time, I have periodically inquired but to-date have not received any information other than the fact that there is a VIN for the vehicle (did not provide the actual VIN). Instead, the information I have been able to gather is from this forum. So my two questions are whether there is a reliable source of information I can go to and the significance of “having a VIN.” Many thanks
Sponsored

Patientlywaiting

First Name
Saint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Patriot
You should have gotten your VIN within 5 days of ordering from your dealer. It shows on the order sheet in their systems. Did you at least get a VON?
To check the status of your order, Jeep.com chat will ask for your VIN. You can also get an estimate for insurance by providing the VIN, since the 2021s aren’t showing up in more providers systems yet. The VIN to me, is really just proof that your order has been recieved and is in line for production

OP
OP

cabreralizzy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should have gotten your VIN within 5 days of ordering from your dealer. It shows on the order sheet in their systems. Did you at least get a VON?
To check the status of your order, Jeep.com chat will ask for your VIN. You can also get an estimate for insurance by providing the VIN, since the 2021s aren’t showing up in more providers systems yet. The VIN to me, is really just proof that your order has been recieved and is in line for production
Thanks. My dealership advised me yesterday that the estimated ship date is 8/14. I guess that is some news although it is an estimated date and I have no idea how that translates into a delivery date.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
Thanks. My dealership advised me yesterday that the estimated ship date is 8/14. I guess that is some news although it is an estimated date and I have no idea how that translates into a delivery date.
If they were informed/knowledgable, they would have told you that 2021s wouldn’t enter production until August - to help set an expectation for your wait time. Hope for Sept 1 delivery and expect the worst. :)
So many this year waited 4-6 months for delivery. And heed the advice of Nerubi - he’s done a lot of research on the process. Just don’t eat his corn.

Sponsored

OP
OP

cabreralizzy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys. Quick update. I used the chat function on the Jeep.com website and provided my VIN. The representative confirmed the 8/14 ship date but suggested I contact them again on 8/13 for an update. I do appreciate the words of wisdom from Nerubi and Amaruq. More to come.

ScootScharf

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD
All I can get from chat is that all parts are available and will be built soon. They will not give me dates.

OP
OP

cabreralizzy

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: My dealership advises me that the delivery date will be around 9/15. The chat confirms that my vehicle "has been built" but requires some additional time for optional items to be added to the build. Not sure what this all means but it is sounding positive.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
All I can get from chat is that all parts are available and will be built soon. They will not give me dates.
Update: My dealership advises me that the delivery date will be around 9/15. The chat confirms that my vehicle "has been built" but requires some additional time for optional items to be added to the build. Not sure what this all means but it is sounding positive.
If you haven't already, I think reviewing these threads will clarify a few things about the process and give you a good idea of where things currently stand. I guess patience is the name of the game.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2021-jl-build-status-post-yours.52709/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/
Sponsored