First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
I popped off my rear passenger side bumper this weekend. I ordered a "clips kit" from Amazon, but I am slightly confused on the order of assembly. I *assumed* I would install the outer piece, and then attach the inner fender well with new "christmas trees" to the body, and new plastic rivets to the outside flare part. But I am not convinced that is how it attaches.

Also I assume you do the outer part first so its easier to see and locate the fender clips to "push them in".

I really don't know... Any process steps or instruction videos would be extremely handy.

Thanks in advance for all the help.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MacombRoger

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Anyone?

B-man

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Maybe someone will have some direct help. FWIW, I had something similar happen as mine partially came off, and tried to DYI it, getting the clips from the dealership. I bit the bullet and ended having a local shop put mine back on. Disclaimer, I’m not that handy haha. The guy at the shop said it is actually more complicated than you’d think and they have some specialized tools to clip it back on. Take it for what it is but want to share my experience.
Sponsored