REIGN Wrangler JL club

SnazberryGirl

First Name
Ann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys
as a follow up I asked my salesperson if he had heard anything. He sent me the following textā€¦

ā€˜should be through October, maybe even the rest of the yearā€™

i certainly suggest people get thier orders in for the reign color because with the commodity issues you just never know, but I would feel pretty confident about ordering through the end of October and maybe even a little longer

stetson
That wouldnā€™t make it a limited edition color then. Those usually only run 4-5mths before they are no more.

Mitoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Crystal Granite
Argh, why does Jeep do this to me!

So, I have my Reign Willys on order since 8/1 now, currently sitting in Status-D land. Then this week, they announce they are now offering the Willys package in the 4xe!

This is:
  • the cheapest entrypoiint into the 4xe line
  • awesome looking because the black accents, black grille, rock rails, etc on the Willys package look amazing with the 4xe Laguna Blue accents
  • may actually end up CHEAPER than my current V6-auto order because of the tax credit offset
So, to say I am both excited and a little miffed that they waited this late to announce it is a bit of an understatement. Honestly, might be worth losing my $1k deposit payment and reordering this week, since I doubt the dealer would allow me to switch without paying a new deposit.

What do you all think? Reign 4xe Willys sound tempting?

OP
OP
Pic18

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wifeā€™s)

So, I have my Reign Willys on order since 8/1 now, currently sitting in Status-D land. Then this week, they announce they are now offering the Willys package in the 4xe!

This is:
  • awesome looking because the black accents, black grille, rock rails, etc on the Willys package look amazing with the 4xe Laguna Blue accents
  • may actually end up CHEAPER than my current V6-auto order because of the tax credit offset
So, to say I am both excited and a little miffed that they waited this late to announce it is a bit of an understatement. Honestly, might be worth losing my $1k deposit payment and reordering this week, since I doubt the dealer would allow me to switch without paying a new deposit.

Thereā€™s no right or wrong answer to this question. Just opinions. If youā€™re able to order it, youā€™d probably have a pretty rare Jeep. In my opinion the blue accents donā€™t compliment the purple color that well, and Iā€™d rather have the v6. I havenā€™t done the math, but it seems like it would be more expensive to make the move. Whatever you do, do what makes you happy! Youā€™ll have an awesome Jeep either way!

Sponsored

jgbstetson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon

This is:

I personally think the willys 4xe isn't a strong value compared to the other trims. You should stay the course due to expiring tax credit.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
That wouldnā€™t make it a limited edition color then. Those usually only run 4-5mths before they are no more.
Reign became available mid-July. So 5 months (assuming they actually kept it that long) would be mid-Dec.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
I'm actually kinda hoping they end availability in October. It will make the ones produced a little rarer.

Mitoni

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon - Crystal Granite
I personally think the willys 4xe isn't a strong value compared to the other trims. You should stay the course due to expiring tax credit.
What do you mean expiring tax credit? I aware the rules for next year have changed, but why would it be expiring?

jgbstetson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Rubicon
What do you mean expiring tax credit? I aware the rules for next year have changed, but why would it be expiring?
Expiring may be the wrong word. Effectively, yes, the rules are changing. In the case of the 4xe, rules on income restrictions, MSRP caps, battery origin, and vehicle assembly will be put in place. It very murky; I would not count on getting anything close to 7500 in 2023.

Sponsored

kristiin501

First Name
Kristin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Expiring may be the wrong word. Effectively, yes, the rules are changing. In the case of the 4xe, rules on income restrictions, MSRP caps, battery origin, and vehicle assembly will be put in place. It very murky; I would not count on getting anything close to 7500 in 2023.
I received confirmation from my dealer that banks are not applying the tax credit on the front end of the lease anymore. Only one bank is currently doing it and it can change any day. Most brands stopped applying the tax credit once the tax bill changed in August.

Jean Genie

First Name
Jeana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Willys, 2023 HVY Rubicon XR
Really excited to finally see Reign in the wild. There were 2 Reign 4xe's on the dealer lot. Both custom orders.
Jeep Wrangler JL REIGN Wrangler JL club 20220915_174137
Jeep Wrangler JL REIGN Wrangler JL club 20220915_173647
Jeep Wrangler JL REIGN Wrangler JL club 20220915_173702
Jeep Wrangler JL REIGN Wrangler JL club 20220915_174209

Griffinhez

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul
LOL no really. What are you talking about? Heard from where? A random forum post? A dealer? Neither of those would actually know this info. People who don't know better see a post like this and start repeating it.
I donā€™t even understand this reign is supposed to be available until October 2023 and thatā€™s from JEEPā€¦

Griffinhez

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia soul

Grumps

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Reign JLURD
I donā€™t even understand this reign is supposed to be available until October 2023 and thatā€™s from JEEPā€¦
I believe thatā€™s October 2022
Sponsored