First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
How big is your lift?
Would be 2.5"

My concern is at full stuff, would the tire hit the front bumper? I believe the answer is yes for many full width bumpers (straight across like OEM), but I'm thinking the ones that taper up towards the fenders on the corners may clear.. not sure.
Sponsored

ocrejects

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Tiguan SE
Would be 2.5"

My concern is at full stuff, would the tire hit the front bumper? I believe the answer is yes for many full width bumpers (straight across like OEM), but I'm thinking the ones that taper up towards the fenders on the corners may clear.. not sure.
Hey I got one more question. From the center of your back tire from the ground up to where the first line on the black mold part of your fender (that strip) what’s your height?

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Est1968.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Barber / Friend Maker
Good reading !

I own a 2018 Unlimited Sahara (so that's a JLUS ?) which I plan to run a Rough Country 2.5" lift along with some KMC Turbine wheels.The truck will be 99% on road, as I live in Chicago and if I wanna go off road I also own a military Humvee. Had it all planned to run a 17x9 with a -12 offset and a 35" tire, then I happen to go look at this thread and im all confused now. Agreed 37's look badass but this truck is my daily driver so...

My question after reading thru 13 pages is almost everyone posting about how awesome their truck rides on 37's owns a Rubicon. Is anyone rocking a Sahara with 37"s without re-gearing ? Difference of the Sahara and Rubicon's is the factory gearing correct ? I don't need to "not" be able to cruise comfortably at 80mph due to the tires I decide to buy. If that's the case with 37's on a Sahara I will go the 35' route..

Garweft

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL
Good reading !

I own a 2018 Unlimited Sahara (so that's a JLUS ?) which I plan to run a Rough Country 2.5" lift along with some KMC Turbine wheels.The truck will be 99% on road, as I live in Chicago and if I wanna go off road I also own a military Humvee. Had it all planned to run a 17x9 with a -12 offset and a 35" tire, then I happen to go look at this thread and im all confused now. Agreed 37's look badass but this truck is my daily driver so...

My question after reading thru 13 pages is almost everyone posting about how awesome their truck rides on 37's owns a Rubicon. Is anyone rocking a Sahara with 37"s without re-gearing ? Difference of the Sahara and Rubicon's is the factory gearing correct ? I don't need to "not" be able to cruise comfortably at 80mph due to the tires I decide to buy. If that's the case with 37's on a Sahara I will go the 35' route..
With a Sahara you’d probably want new axles and a regear to run 37’s.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Haven't read this entire thread but I just put 38s on and I'm very glad I didn't go with 35s. I'd have just wanted 37-38s the entire time.

It definitely drives a bit different the body roll is much worse but I love it and have no real complaints.

I was really close to going 35s a few months ago.

Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
Hey I got one more question. From the center of your back tire from the ground up to where the first line on the black mold part of your fender (that strip) what’s your height?
I'm not exactly sure what you mean. The lift is not on the Jeep yet. I'm trying to decide on bumpers and would prefer full width. Just worried the left and right outermost points of the tire may rub the front or rear bumper (or rock sliders) when the suspension is compressed and the widest part of the tire gets tucked up in the wheel well.

RUSTYS

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Guitar slinger
Good reading !

What gears came in your Jeep and what transmission?

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Est1968.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door Rubicon
Occupation
Barber / Friend Maker
What gears came in your Jeep and what transmission?
Its a 2018 Sahara so I believe it has the stock 3:42's with the 8 speed auto trans.
Everything I have read says I will have to re gear if I go with 37's so 35's are already on order.

Plus, I have a Humvee with 40's to play with if I ever get tire envy :devil:. The Wrangler is my daily driver.

PaintJob6.jpg

mpk1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I have Teraflex 3.5 for JLU sport and running 35s Milestar Pantagonia's. The pics may look like there is a good amount of space, but the 35s look fine. I thought about doing 37 when I need tires changed....we'll see. But for now 35s do me fine

IMG_20190607_145319.jpg

IMG_20190607_145346.jpg

IMG_20190607_145354.jpg

Sponsored

Rhinozeroone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0
I have Teraflex 3.5 for JLU sport and running 35s Milestar Pantagonia's. The pics may look like there is a good amount of space, but the 35s look fine. I thought about doing 37 when I need tires changed....we'll see. But for now 35s do me fine

IMG_20190607_145319.jpg

IMG_20190607_145346.jpg

IMG_20190607_145354.jpg
Wow! To infinity and beyond!

AuburnRubicon

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theandypalys.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Professional User of Common Sense
do 37s!! I had 35s on my jk and what a great difference. I'm running the molar 2" lift and toys 37s

JxMAONtLRQyJ4U1Tg2%gmA.jpg

x39viE1ZTryeu0ljZus2Rw.jpg
I have the same tires and LOVE my 37’s!

Only I’m an anomaly.

I’ve seen an INCREASE in MPG after going from 35” Toyo Open Country MT to 37” Open County MT. I have recalibrated tire size (Tazer JL Mini). I have not re-geared. I’m still running Dana 44 4:10’s.

I’m stumped... but I’ll take it!

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I have the same tires and LOVE my 37’s!

Only I’m an anomaly.

I’ve seen an INCREASE in MPG after going from 35” Toyo Open Country MT to 37” Open County MT. I have recalibrated tire size (Tazer JL Mini). I have not re-geared. I’m still running Dana 44 4:10’s.

I’m stumped... but I’ll take it!
You should switch to 40s....you'll really see a nice gas mileage increase.:like:

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I am very happy with my 19' JLUR on a Teraflex 2.5" lift running 35" BFG KM3s at this point do not see the need or want to do the extra work to run 37"
ALA%20J%205_zpsst12xkop.jpg
Good looking jeep...I have a similar setup and know of a few people on here who offroad and daily drive jlur's that regretted going from 35s to 37s and sold them at a sizeable loss to go back to 35s. It's not cool to admit in this thread, so you won't find them posting here. Their reasons were...37s made the jeep noticeably more sluggish during braking, acceleration, offroad down low power, lost top gearing on the hwy. They were going to spend another $3k on regearing/spare tire carrier and could run 90% of the trails on 35s that they were doing on 37s. All things considered, it wasn't worth the total cost to gain 1" of clearance with 37s.

I have a 6 speed, rubi axles/fenders on 315/70/17 KO2's and would eventually like more agressive, lighter weight 37s bc I bought a used honda accord daily driver and enjoy wheeling(like load d Yokohama G003 or km3)for another inch of clearance and to fill the fender gap. However, it's realistically going to cost $5k going to 37s bc I'd want to regear, upgrade tire carrier, get wheels with less backspacing + cost of 37" tires. I'd also be very tempted to get the AAL fender chop kit and upgrade tie rod/draglink. I'm still very tempted if I could somehow find a deal on used 37's and sell my ko2's.:CWL:
lFQ8ith.jpg
Naq41rO.jpg

O0hbIPi.jpg
YA0R1Cv.jpg
Sponsored