First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
how do you like those DV8 bead locks? I been looking at wheels for the last 2 months and cant decide!! did you get a good deal on them?
Sorry it took me so long to reply..I’m usually on the ball...I love these Beadlocks...as far as pricing I believe I got a fair deal as they are less expensive then a designer set of Fuels or the like and they function for what I do..sand, snow, mud and trails..

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Super nervous right now. The guy at the tire shop is clearly already prepping me for them to say my 37x13.50r17s won’t fit without a loft. I explained that I have every intention of lifting - but that I plan to measure for my lift after tires are on and just stay strictly on paved roads and take it easy on bumps, until I can get precise measurements to select/order/install the lift (I need to lift as little as possible).

Really hoping they don’t try to push me into the 35x12.50s. Nothing wrong with those, but after I decided to go with the 37x13.50s, I’m really excited about them.

Anyone able to help reassure me that the 37x13.50s will fit (tightly) without a lift for a few days/week of gentle, pavement-only driving?

Sponsored

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the look of 37's on the JL.

20180816_142319.jpg

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No regrets here...yet. I debated over and over between 35's and 37's. Finally just said F it and went with 37's. Looks amazing with the lift. Driving is fine. Not great, but fine. I will definitely be regearing, but not in a rush. I want to let it run for maybe a year with stock gears and make sure there are no issues with lockers, etc, like other people are having.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Super nervous right now. The guy at the tire shop is clearly already prepping me for them to say my 37x13.50r17s won’t fit without a loft. I explained that I have every intention of lifting - but that I plan to measure for my lift after tires are on and just stay strictly on paved roads and take it easy on bumps, until I can get precise measurements to select/order/install the lift (I need to lift as little as possible).

Really hoping they don’t try to push me into the 35x12.50s. Nothing wrong with those, but after I decided to go with the 37x13.50s, I’m really excited about them.

Anyone able to help reassure me that the 37x13.50s will fit (tightly) without a lift for a few days/week of gentle, pavement-only driving?
It will fit to get you home but just barely.... sold and helped install my setup for a local guy about a week ago. He drove home then came back with another vehicle to pick up his stock wheels. When he came back he was surprised that there was no rubbing.

IMG_20180810_142130_738.jpg

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
It will fit to get you home but just barely.... sold and helped install my setup for a local guy about a week ago. He drove home then came back with another vehicle to pick up his stock wheels. When he came back he was surprised that there was no rubbing.

IMG_20180810_142130_738.jpg
That Jeep looks great.

I’ve been amazed at how well it’s doing with 37s and no lift. Definitely not off-road capable with this setup, but it’s been about 100 miles on road and doing great. Some suburban driving and highway miles. A few small speed bumps that I was nervous about but had no issues at all. No problems getting into or out of driveways with slope to them, etc.

It will need a lift no doubt, but I’ve just been blown away at how driveable it is on-road without one. If I were only ever going to be on pavement, if honestly second guess whether it needed one or not.

Again, this is with 37x13.5r17 Ridge Grapplers on wheels with 4.3” backspace.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Just an update on this, I still don't have a lift on (dragging my feet a bit - super focused on other small mods right now that have been sitting in my house and need to get installed!). Still no rubbing whatsoever with my 37x13.5r17s on 4.3" BS wheels (-10 offset) on a Rubi (stock suspension) for on-road driving. This includes normal highway driving, city driving, suburban driving, etc.

Off-road use will 100% need a lift, but if you need some time to decide on a lift, you can get away with it from what I'm seeing.

These are Ridge Grapplers running at 25 PSI.

rameyer84

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F350, Hyundai Sante Fe, 2018 JLUR Mojito!
About to go 37's on mine. Been searching the forums for what solutions people used to mount the spare. What spacer, bracket, etc. is everyone using? Did you have to relocate the backup camera somehow? Thanks.

pdavey168

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Grey, 2020 JT Launch Edition Bright White, 2018 Porsche Macan S
Occupation
CEO offroadparts.com
My personal experience after having the 35"s mounted for less than a week is that I don't think I would go with 37"s if this is your daily driver. This thing is now pretty squirrly compared to the factory 33"s that came off. Drove a local highway here with a posted speed limit of 75 and it was pretty white knuckle. I'm going to play with the pressures a bit to see if it helps. It probably doesn't help that I have the factory steering problem that a lot of people suffer from here. I think these 35"s just magnified the issue.

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My personal experience after having the 35"s mounted for less than a week is that I don't think I would go with 37"s if this is your daily driver. This thing is now pretty squirrly compared to the factory 33"s that came off. Drove a local highway here with a posted speed limit of 75 and it was pretty white knuckle. I'm going to play with the pressures a bit to see if it helps. It probably doesn't help that I have the factory steering problem that a lot of people suffer from here. I think these 35"s just magnified the issue.
What tire pressure are you running? We use ours as a daily driver and we have 37's. We drove around with PSI at 36 for a couple days, then did the chalk test and ended up at 27. It was pretty squirrelly with the higher pressure, but the 27psi made it better than stock.
Sponsored