Sponsored

Regens after a month of ownership...

Pismo61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
If you simply drive short hops (like retired folks are wont to do), you'll regen as often as every 100-200 miles. So...the answer is: it completely depends on usage. The regens take almost exactly 10 minutes. The only downside is occasionally having to circle the neighborhood during that 10 minutes. That said, there is no harm in prematurely ending the regen.

I wish that one could "force" a regen to make the timing more convenient when approaching 80%. Do any manufacturers have a forced regen button?
Our Pierce fire engines do.
Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
I think you can with the Tazer. I wonder if I can replace the auto off button with one lol.

EDIT
AlfaOBD probably can too - good for those of us who already own an OBDlinkMX+.

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Banks data monster. Mine hardly goes above 60 percent soot load unless I'm in town and make a bunch of stops. Even then when I head home it will be down to 40 percent by the time I get there.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Banks data monster. Mine hardly goes above 60 percent soot load unless I'm in town and make a bunch of stops. Even then when I head home it will be down to 40 percent by the time I get there.
How far is home that you can drop 20 points on the DPF driving there? Mine drops with glacial speed even at sustained highway speeds.

Sponsored

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Kept track of dpf on last tank of fuel. Should have kept track of miles, but I didn't. Started at 39 percent soot load and it was at 38 percent next time I filled up. The highest it got was 44 percent and the lowest was 35 percent. Data monster didn't log an active regen, all passive. So in one tank of fuel with my normal trips I actually lost 1 percent soot load. I should note Temps are low 20s to low 30s.

OP
OP
mcjeff

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Kept track of dpf on last tank of fuel. Should have kept track of miles, but I didn't. Started at 39 percent soot load and it was at 38 percent next time I filled up. The highest it got was 44 percent and the lowest was 35 percent. Data monster didn't log an active regen, all passive. So in one tank of fuel with my normal trips I actually lost 1 percent soot load. I should note Temps are low 20s to low 30s.
What’s a normal trip for you? Mine have been shorter since we all went to WFH, so not what I had originally planned.

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
My data monster never shows “active” it just shows “PAS” when in an active regen . Lasts 10 minutes on the highway at 80 mph or on the rubicon idling along .

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
Weird mine just days off unless it's in regen. 8 wonder I'f there are diff options

JDub11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl 2012jk
My normal trips are pretty random. This is not my daily driver. I got coffee a few times prolly 24 mile round trip. Went to town a few times 25 to 35miles each way depending on where I was going plus driving around town. Went to other house 40 miles each way. Mostly 2 lane 60 65 mph. Some interstate 75 mph. 50-60 miles in stop and go

Sponsored

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
This helps prove my point. Only 2 regens in 5000 miles is highly unlikely. Which is why I asked how JDub11 was watching for regens.
Mine happens every 700 - 800 miles even if the soot level is at 50%. And I drive mostly highway and it takes up to 700 miles plus for the soot mass to get to 50%. I have never seen it go up more than 59. But like clockwork after 750 miles plus, I get the "Regen On" display all of a sudden.
In my personal experience, it regens if it gets to 80% but can also regen between 700 - 800 miles regardless of the soot level - whichever comes earlier.
If not for Scangauge, I would not know that a regen is going on.

OP
OP
mcjeff

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine happens every 700 - 800 miles even if the soot level is at 50%. And I drive mostly highway and it takes up to 700 miles plus for the soot mass to get to 50%. I have never seen it go up more than 59. But like clockwork after 750 miles plus, I get the "Regen On" display all of a sudden.
In my personal experience, it regens if it gets to 80% but can also regen between 700 - 800 miles regardless of the soot level - whichever comes earlier.
Thanks! Added to main post so not lost in the replies.

OP
OP
mcjeff

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
This happened to me yesterday. I put 800 on it between regens and it kicked in at about 40%.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
This happened to me yesterday. I put 800 on it between regens and it kicked in at about 40%.
So it looks like this is by design to regen at 80% or every 700-800 miles. Or it could be possible that Scangauge is not reading the STM correctly. I wonder if those who have the Banks iDash can confirm the same thing.

OP
OP
mcjeff

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So it looks like this is by design to regen at 80% or every 700-800 miles. Or it could be possible that Scangauge is not reading the STM correctly. I wonder if those who have the Banks iDash can confirm the same thing.
Would love to see someone speak up.

The regen at 800 counted all the way down. With the 80% it usually gets to a certain point and then doesn’t update until 8%.
Sponsored