REGEARED DIFFERENTIALS AND NOW REAR LOCKER COMES ON/OFF BY ITSELF

Jeepjayjeep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICON UNLIMITED RECON SPECIAL EDITION
HI, I REGEARED MY DIFFERENTIALS AND NOW REAR LOCKER COMES ON/OFF BY ITSELF??? ANYONE KNOW THE FIX? WHY? IT DOESNT DO THIS TO THE FRONT? I EVEN OPENED DIFF, CHANGED OIL AGAIN AND CLEANED SENSOR???
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
is the locker engaging or just the dash saying it engaging you should feel it when turning if the locker is actually engaging

there are 4 wires going to your diff in a single plug, 2 for the sensor and 2 for powering the locker. the computer controls power to the locker based on you hitting the switch and other things like driving speed t case position. the sensor is there to only check what position the locker is in

if the locker is actually engaging then there is a short some where that is sending power to the locker

if the dash light is coming but the locker is not engaged then there is a issue with the sensor, either a short, or some other damage to the sensor and needs to be replaced. as far as i know the sensor is not source able by itself and people (including myself) had to get the whole axle replaced under warranty

Sponsored

BettyBoop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2dr.
Occupation
Business Owner