NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
@NyRey87

Consider using JSCAN to do your programming in regard to gearing.

Yes, do keep /and use your Tazer JL and enjoy all that it offers... but do gear programming with JSCAN. Doing this hybrid solution will save you lots of angst and lots of headaches.

Forum search and you will see more talk of doing as I mention.

The only real function on my Tazer that I really seem to use other than updating the gearing and tire size is the ESS disable feature.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
The only real function on my Tazer that I really seem to use other than updating the gearing and tire size is the ESS disable feature.
Were you to tell me this before you went with a Tazer JL ..... that all you did not want other Tazer JL features but wanted to do just gearing and tire re-calibration, I would have told you to go with JSCAN and to also install a SmartStopStart unit for dealing with the ESS button push.

Again, no way would I have said go with a Tazer JL or a Flashcal+, Flashcal..

By the way, I am pro Tazer JL. Terrific offering.. but..

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Then you may want to go JSCAN and add the SmartStop (https://www.smartstopstart.com/)

You can always sell your Tazer (likely for what you paid for it).

As @Rhinebeck01 noted, you should also look into:

ECRI Security Bypass Module which allows you to bypass the security to write to the BCM/PCM (https://www.amazon.com/ECRI-Security-2018-2020-Wrangler-Gladiator/dp/B08DLB6VH6)

Tazer cable extensions (https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/sgw-ext-z-automotive-sgw-extension-cable) to make accessing the ECRI much easier. These will stay in place, but you remove the ECRI after your changes are made.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that read my "hybrid" comment above...

IF you have a Tazer JL installed and want to use JSCAN for gearing... all you need to do is get the JSCAN app and install on your smartphone and then buy an inexpensive OBDll Scan Tool. You do also not need to also buy a bypass module or to use Chrysler cable.

The Tazer JL does security gateway bypass duties so no need to buy another / use another security bypass.

Just leave the Tazer JL in place... and use JSCAN.

Also... IF you have 2 JL's and need 2 security gateway extension cables buy, consider buying them from China. You can get 2 for what you pay for one purchased from a USA vendor. Yes, you will have two wait 2 weeks or so for the China purchase to get to you..

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Were you to tell me this before you went with a Tazer JL ..... that all you did not want other Tazer JL features but wanted to do just gearing and tire re-calibration, I would have told you to go with JSCAN and to also install a SmartStopStart unit for dealing with the ESS button push.

Again, no way would I have said go with a Tazer JL or a Flashcal+, Flashcal..

By the way, I am pro Tazer JL. Terrific offering.. but..
I think I only paid $100 for the Tazer and I was unaware that after unmarrying it I would lose my saved things like tire size and gear changes

Sponsored

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those that read my "hybrid" comment above...

IF you have a Tazer JL installed and want to use JSCAN for gearing... all you need to do is get the JSCAN app and install on your smartphone and then buy an inexpensive OBDll Scan Tool. You do also not need to also buy a bypass module or to use Chrysler cable.

The Tazer JL does security gateway bypass duties so no need to buy another / use another security bypass.

Just leave the Tazer JL in place... and use JSCAN.
Good to know! I just ordered a OBDII reader went with Vlinker MC+ with the cable connector. I’ll hang on to the Tazer for now. Thanks again for the info 🙏🏼

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I only paid $100 for the Tazer and I was unaware that after unmarrying it I would lose my saved things like tire size and gear changes
@NyRey87

Well, you can easily sell your Tazer JL on the forum classifieds. Lots of guys want the terrific features that the Tazer JL affords... and they are willing to do the marry unmarry dance.

OP
OP
NyRey87

NyRey87

First Name
Nyles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@NyRey87

Well, you can easily sell your Tazer JL on the forum classifieds. Lots of guys want the terrific features that the Tazer JL affords... and they are willing to do the marry unmarry dance.
Oh no I’m keeping it for now :)

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Why are you unmarrying when going to the dealer in the first place? If you swapped gears and tires I'm going to assume you've got some pretty big tires and are probably lifted. (just a guess) I think the dealer will notice it's not stock ;). I would just unplug the tazer and bring it in for whatever you're bringing it in for. Then plug it back in when you get it back.

dcmdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Why are you unmarrying when going to the dealer in the first place? If you swapped gears and tires I'm going to assume you've got some pretty big tires and are probably lifted. (just a guess) I think the dealer will notice it's not stock ;). I would just unplug the tazer and bring it in for whatever you're bringing it in for. Then plug it back in when you get it back.
if the dealer flashes the OBII your Tazer is useless. the flash would bypass what the trazer had and since u didnt unmarry it it wouldnt be able to reconnect
Sponsored