First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Not crazy. 4.30 is what I’m thinking for 40’s. If you search Dana Super 60 4.30 R&P. Dana does make them in the 10” version. Nitro also list them as 10”. Other manufacturers/Dana will also have the more common 9.75” in 4.30.
I challenge you to link a set for the Dana UD 60 Rear 😉

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Not crazy. 4.30 is what I’m thinking for 40’s. If you search Dana Super 60 4.30 R&P. Dana does make them in the 10” version. Nitro also list them as 10”. Other manufacturers/Dana will also have the more common 9.75” in 4.30.
After having 4.88 and 40’s I’m thinking 4.30 would be the perfect gear for 40’s and the EcoDiesel

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I found this site for the calculation, not sure how reliable it is but for the scenario asked in the question, it says 4.22

https://tiresize.com/gear-ratio-calculator/
I put in the tire size on my door sill and actual height of my 40’s

It says 4.45 would return it to stock which is about right.

I want it geared slightly more MPG / less power than stock configuration for high speed highway trips. So a 4.30 or 4.27 would work perfectly.

4.10 would also work but then I start to worry about it being too under-geared. It would however create some super low highway RPM in 8th assuming the Diesel could hold 8th with those gears which is questionable.

Jeep Wrangler JL Regear for Ecodiesel - What Ratio 783FA98F-1CE5-44DE-B17B-18CD971F3C90

Sponsored

Sponsored

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
You have an issue , maybe an injector . Mine has been 50% or less for awhile .
There’s no codes or anything. I only know because I’m running 2 banks gauges

Are you thinking Fuel or DEF injector?

Because the DEF only affects the SCR which has nothing to do with the DPF soot load.

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker

NCJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Thank you, I saw those and the Yukon’s but it wasn’t clear if they fit the UD60. Although I believe they will. The spline count is correct etc.

Now the only question is Nitro or Yukon gear?..

Anyone care to chime in here?

I’m leaning towards Nitro...
US Gear also makes a standard cut 4.30.

this link may help with verifying what is actually in your UD60, (more than ratio and locker type) by following the BOM stamped on the axle you can verify carrier, bearings, shims etc. Dana has a similar tool too, not user friendly.

https://www.axlebuilder.com/index.html

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
US Gear also makes a standard cut 4.30.

this link may help with verifying what is actually in your UD60, (more than ratio and locker type) by following the BOM stamped on the axle you can verify carrier, bearings, shims etc. Dana has a similar tool too, not user friendly.

https://www.axlebuilder.com/index.html
Thank you so much!!!! This link is actually incredibly helpful and will totally help me find the right pets before I buy them!

You are the man, thanks again!

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Well I’m screwed đŸ€Ź

Due to the Dana 60 Carrier Break at 4.10/4.56 and me already having 4.88 gears this means I would have to change carriers (aka E-LOCKERS) because the of the carrier break.

The carrier (Locker) can only support either 4.56 and up or the other version 4.10 and down. Now I wanted 4.30’s but unfortunately for me that ratio for some stupid goddamn reason falls in the 4.10 and down carrier.

Meaning I’d have to buy new E-Lockers front and rear for 4.10 and down at the same time as the re-gear because the gears I want won’t fit on my 4.56 and up e-lockers.

Only thing I could do now without replacing both lockers (which are brand new, and have not even been used off-road yet other than to see if they actually engage or not) is go to a 4.56 Gear.

Problem is that’s not enough of a change to be worth it for me. I only gain back 4 MPH at highway speeds. So it’s probably not worth throwing a couple grand at such a small change. Especially one that I don’t even really want (I really want the 4.30’s)

So it looks like for now, unless I want to drop nearly $5k on a re-gear with new lockers - im screwed. FML
Sponsored