Sponsored

Refund for steel bumper and aux switches?

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
I was just talking to my salesman earlier this week and he was bitching about how customers were complaining to the dealership about not getting their requests documented so they can be completed properly before delivering the vehicle.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I actually paid cash for it. Hopefully I didn't screw myself, because the work order has the parts, but no price. I need to go back and look at my contract for the details.
If the dealer won’t return your calls after they took your cash, try leaving a scathing review on Yelp or Google. Then watch how quickly they call you back.

I found a negative review in an unbiased, professional tone normally does the trick.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
If the dealer won’t return your calls after they took your cash, try leaving a scathing review on Yelp or Google. Then watch how quickly they call you back.
Not sure if they care about online reviews.... There are already many, many bad reviews and they haven't changed the way they conduct business.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Huntington Beach and Orange Coast —if it still exists— are possibly the two worst dealers in all of Southern California.

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Not sure if they care about online reviews.... There are already many, many bad reviews and they haven't changed the way they conduct business.
I decided to leave a review, couldn't hurt at this point. Just a shame. Even a simple phone call to say "we aren't giving you a refund, you need to wait" would go a lot further and ignoring me, passing me around, even hanging up on me.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I decided to leave a review, couldn't hurt at this point. Just a shame. Even a simple phone call to say "we aren't giving you a refund, you need to wait" would go a lot further and ignoring me, passing me around, even hanging up on me.
Good idea. You can at least document your situation online so others can be aware.

It's sad. Years ago this was a great dealership before it was sold to the current owners. I had purchased others Jeeps from them and had a really good experience. Not anymore....

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Good idea. You can at least document your situation online so others can be aware.

It's sad. Years ago this was a great dealership before it was sold to the current owners. I had purchased others Jeeps from them and had a really good experience. Not anymore....
How long ago did they sell? This is the 3rd purchase from here, I don't remember the last two times being like this, but that was years ago.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I bought my Rubicon last month, and had an after sale work order for a steel bumper and aux switches. The dealership keeps giving me the run around, so I inquired about a refund (going with an aftermarket bumper and SPOD instead). They have been ignoring my phone calls and emails, so I plan on driving down there tomorrow. Has anyone encountered an issue like this before?
Dealerships ignore calls and emails even if it's to their benefit to not do so. I wouldn't take it as they don't want to refund. As you said just go down there -- often times that's what it takes for dealerships to do anything.

edit: Review is a good option too, even if it's just your observations.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
How long ago did they sell? This is the 3rd purchase from here, I don't remember the last two times being like this, but that was years ago.
Good question, but I don't know when it changed hands.

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Just wanted to follow up... so after the negative review, I went down to the dealership. Apparently the manager who would be able to help was out until next week, how convenient. However, after leaving the dealership disgruntled, I received a phone call about an hour later saying the parts arrived and they wanted to schedule a time for me to come in. Funny how things happen like that.

Sponsored

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to follow up... so after the negative review, I went down to the dealership. Apparently the manager who would be able to help was out until next week, how convenient. However, after leaving the dealership disgruntled, I received a phone call about an hour later saying the parts arrived and they wanted to schedule a time for me to come in. Funny how things happen like that.
Progress... And positive news! Appreciate you sharing.

As someone said, "the Squeaky Wheel"

MRubic

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon JL
Huntington Beach Jeep is the worst Dealer. Scott Robinson is the complete opposite! Good Luck!

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Got everything installed yesterday! Now to take of the end caps and get the winch installed (and compressor you see on the floor haha).
Jeep Wrangler JL Refund for steel bumper and aux switches? IMG_0064
Jeep Wrangler JL Refund for steel bumper and aux switches? IMG_0066

OP
OP
jl_explorer

jl_explorer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Had to take the caps off, still my favorite stubby bumper. Can't wait for the next round of mods in March!
Jeep Wrangler JL Refund for steel bumper and aux switches? IMG_0069
Sponsored