Levin_tom

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
No problem at all, buddy! Always glad to help. Since I did both brackets at the same time, I'm not sure if one had a larger effect than the other as far as how solid and planted it became. I would venture to guess that the frame side bracket played the bigger part there. The reduced body roll and tail wag over the bumps was obviously the axle side relocation. Personally, I think doing both leaves nothing on the table.
Hey Mike, if I’m installing both brackets, is there any preference to install one first to make install easier or it doesn’t matter?

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Any feedback on the install?
Yes I installed both the track bar relocation kit and the rear brace. The relocation bracket isn’t hard to install but is a bit of a bitch. you need to tap it in place and getting a dead blow hammer where you need to in order to tap it is real tight. The other thing that was an issue was the washer plate that you slide into place. The hole didn’t line up with the nut. They give you a bracket that has three nuts welded to it. Your supposed to put it in place and install the bolts loose to get them all in and adjusted into place. Well that lower one was off by 3mm or more. You can slide the washer plate over because it has a large round washer welded to it that holds it in place. I had to enlarge the hole to get it to fit but once I did it went in ok. The re enforcement brackets was super easy. They both took me about two hours tops. But there’s a very large improvement. I would definitely recommend doing both.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
On my 2 Door JK I ran a hellwig rear sway bar and did a rear track bar relocation to make it more parallel. I also used synergy lowering blocks for the sway bar. On road driving was light years above stock. Off-road the front did a little more flex than the rear but it was not something that I could not overcome. I only did overland and mild wheeling, no rock crawling.

I plan on doing the same with my jlu.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mike, if I’m installing both brackets, is there any preference to install one first to make install easier or it doesn’t matter?
With the Jeep parked on decently level ground, the 1st thing I did was fully removing the rear track bar. One less thing in the way, and one less thing to potentially get clubbed with. Once both brackets were installed and torqued, I fully collapsed the track bar length on the work bench which made it easier to fit it back between the 2 now closer together points.

Before tightening the track bar bolts, I used a straight edge held vertically at 6 and 12 o'clock on both rear tires to measure the gap between it and the outer lip of the fender. And this whole affair was done with the Jeep sitting on the ground under its own weight. Jack's and stands were never involved. A second person can gently rock the rear of the Jeep side to side to help remove and reinstall the track bar bolts, or it can be done with your foot while laying under there. I did the latter.

Good luck! It's pretty easy overall and we'll worth the results. Let us know your thoughts about the change in driving characteristics.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Levin_tom

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
With the Jeep parked on decently level ground, the 1st thing I did was fully removing the rear track bar. One less thing in the way, and one less thing to potentially get clubbed with. Once both brackets were installed and torqued, I fully collapsed the track bar length on the work bench which made it easier to fit it back between the 2 now closer together points.

Before tightening the track bar bolts, I used a straight edge held vertically at 6 and 12 o'clock on both rear tires to measure the gap between it and the outer lip of the fender. And this whole affair was done with the Jeep sitting on the ground under its own weight. Jack's and stands were never involved. A second person can gently rock the rear of the Jeep side to side to help remove and reinstall the track bar bolts, or it can be done with your foot while laying under there. I did the latter.

Good luck! It's pretty easy overall and we'll worth the results. Let us know your thoughts about the change in driving characteristics.
Hey Mike, will I need to center steering wheel after or it doesn't come into play during install?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Mike, will I need to center steering wheel after or it doesn't come into play during install?
If there's any change in the position of the rear axle in relation to the body, it'll domino affect the steering wheel center. I had to tweak mine afterwards. My axle was centered beforehand, but that was done months earlier in a different yard that was also not perfectly level.

I would say be prepared to recenter it, but pleasantly surprised if it doesn't need it.

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
If there's any change in the position of the rear axle in relation to the body, it'll domino affect the steering wheel center. I had to tweak mine afterwards. My axle was centered beforehand, but that was done months earlier in a different yard that was also not perfectly level.

I would say be prepared to recenter it, but pleasantly surprised if it doesn't need it.
Yeah I wound up adjusting mine.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
No problem at all, buddy! Always glad to help. Since I did both brackets at the same time, I'm not sure if one had a larger effect than the other as far as how solid and planted it became. I would venture to guess that the frame side bracket played the bigger part there. The reduced body roll and tail wag over the bumps was obviously the axle side relocation. Personally, I think doing both leaves nothing on the table.
Well. I didn’t do both (yet :) ) but I did install axle side bracket which was needed for Mopar lift anyway and a new TB. Since I used relo bracket I had to set adj TB to stock length to center axle. IMO the feeling with just axle bracket (made this change before installing new TB) didn’t change roll center or firmness much, but the addition of an aftermarket TB helped a little on roll center however firmed things up quite a bit. Not as pretty of an upskirt pic as @Headbarcode but here it is :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing sway and body roll A05B5C03-5FA8-4379-8C2C-B2CAF879C63E

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well. I didn’t do both (yet :) ) but I did install axle side bracket which was needed for Mopar lift anyway and a new TB. Since I used relo bracket I had to set adj TB to stock length to center axle. IMO the feeling with just axle bracket (made this change before installing new TB) didn’t change roll center or firmness much, but the addition of an aftermarket TB helped a little on roll center however firmed things up quite a bit. Not as pretty of an upskirt pic as @Headbarcode but here it is :)
Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing sway and body roll A05B5C03-5FA8-4379-8C2C-B2CAF879C63E
I think she looks mighty fine under there. I've got chub! 😆

Every arm and linkage I've replaced, has made me realize how light duty the factory stuff really is. Mostly the adjustability is what gets mentioned, but rarely does the added rigidity.

Sponsored