Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bro...... does the frame side bracket change the elevation or just reinforce the factory bracket ? Also do you have the rear sway bar lowered, if so, can you tell any significant difference in handling ?
Hey there, southern brother!

The frame side rear track bar reinforcement doesn't alter the mounting point location. Just beefs it up along with the frame, like the front brackets.

The frame side bracket extends under the factory sway bar mount, so a matching spacer is included for the driver side sway bar mount. I also have the 3/4" thick Metalcloak spacers under the sway mounts, which they recommend for added clearance of the factory muffler when using their sway links. Even still, the rear sway bar hits the bottom of the frame rails when the tires being stuffed.

I'm planning on going with the Curry Antirocks front and rear. That'll address both the hitting in the rear and the shorter Rock Krawler no limits links not being long enough at full extension.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Maybe you guys can help me out. I am running a Metalcloack 2.5 GC with 35's on my JLUR. I have a rooftop tent as well. I would like to reduce sway and body roll on the street and highway. What would you guys recommend doing to reduce this? I have read relocating rear track bar or replacing rear sway bar with a beefier one (Hellwig). Any positive experience/feedback doing this and reducing the body roll? Would it make sense to do both?
You can try a Hellwig rear sway-bar. They did well to tame JK's with RTT's so would assume would help the JL as well.

Also getting the roll center correct in the back will help, and ensuring track-bar is close to parallel to axle at highway ride height.

The issue is many of the lift parts on the market are to get more off-road flex without really considering on-road manners. For some of us both are important.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey there, southern brother!

The frame side rear track bar reinforcement doesn't alter the mounting point location. Just beefs it up along with the frame, like the front brackets.

The frame side bracket extends under the factory sway bar mount, so a matching spacer is included for the driver side sway bar mount. I also have the 3/4" thick Metalcloak spacers under the sway mounts, which they recommend for added clearance of the factory muffler when using their sway links. Even still, the rear sway bar hits the bottom of the frame rails when the tires being stuffed.

I'm planning on going with the Curry Antirocks front and rear. That'll address both the hitting in the rear and the shorter Rock Krawler no limits links not being long enough at full extension.
Hate to ask this but can you show us a couple pics of your rear? TB and brackets that is ;)

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to ask this but can you show us a couple pics of your rear? TB and brackets that is ;)
I grabbed a couple pics before leaving work. Let me know if you'd like a specific angle or whatnot. I can take more tomorrow.
Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing sway and body roll 20210329_145532
Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing sway and body roll 20210329_145342
Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing sway and body roll 20210329_145422
Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing sway and body roll 20210329_145447

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I grabbed a couple pics before leaving work. Let me know if you'd like a specific angle or whatnot. I can take more tomorrow.
20210329_145532.jpg
20210329_145342.jpg
20210329_145422.jpg
20210329_145447.jpg
Thanks. That’s perfect. The axle bracket definitely brings the TB pretty close to parallel with axle. I can see why that would assist with body roll and handling. As you know mine is a pavement princess so always looking for improvements on road manners. Appreciate you throwing up some pics. I believe the axle side bracket will be my next mod. May even help the wife stop driving like she is drunk lol

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. That’s perfect. The axle bracket definitely brings the TB pretty close to parallel with axle. I can see why that would assist with body roll and handling. As you know mine is a pavement princess so always looking for improvements on road manners. Appreciate you throwing up some pics. I believe the axle side bracket will be my next mod. May even help the wife stop driving like she is drunk lol
No problem at all, buddy! Always glad to help. Since I did both brackets at the same time, I'm not sure if one had a larger effect than the other as far as how solid and planted it became. I would venture to guess that the frame side bracket played the bigger part there. The reduced body roll and tail wag over the bumps was obviously the axle side relocation. Personally, I think doing both leaves nothing on the table.

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Well after seeing this thread it just cost me another $450.00! i had to order both of these! I mean how do you not need to have these? Lol Hoping to install them this Saturday.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Levin_tom

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Well after seeing this thread it just cost me another $450.00! i had to order both of these! I mean how do you not need to have these? Lol Hoping to install them this Saturday.
You and me both! I am getting TSB done then traveling for two weeks so will install upon my return. Let us know results!

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
You and me both! I am getting TSB done then traveling for two weeks so will install upon my return. Let us know results!
Absolutely. The parts came in yesterday so it’s going to be a good weekend lol
Sponsored