Sponsored

Reducing Body Roll, Suspension?Spring?Rear Sway Bar? Air Bags?

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Would've been nice if you did one and then the other to see which one makes the most difference.
Sponsored

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Would've been nice if you did one and then the other to see which one makes the most difference.
Yes but for the price I’d just do them both and be done with it knowing you’ve done everything that you can.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
E rated tires at 35 psi- minimal body roll. I also have 20" wheels switch helps - less sidewall (34" tire).
-12 offset wheels and E rated tires over 20" - Jeep handles corners like it's on rails.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I had the same curiosity after doing both at the same time last year. I've dealt in and around vehicle and component structure for a couple of decades, so I'm familiar enough to make an educated guess. The axle side relocation adds a bit of extra strength, but I believe it's raising of the rear roll center and reducing body roll and tail wag over bumps is it's bigger involvement. The frame side reinforcement is where the increase in that solid and planted feeling is really coming from. A wranglers frame is designed to twist and flex, which is what both helps off road prowess and reduces the carrying and tow capacities. Having the entire axle assembly connected at 1 point for side to side stability, focuses a lot of stress to that connection point.
Sponsored