Sponsored

Reducing Body Roll, Suspension?Spring?Rear Sway Bar? Air Bags?

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
spoke to OME ARB. They only have 3.5”. 2.5” will be next year. You reckon they’d be out in the first year the JL was out... it’s been 2 years since the release of the JL and they’re still not ready. *facepalm*
Seems like a bunch of companies have had issues getting 2.5" springs. Not sure why so many went all in on 3.5" when most folk only go up 2.5, but I'm not in marketing, just a grouchy old man.
Sponsored

OP
OP

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect
Seems like a bunch of companies have had issues getting 2.5" springs. Not sure why so many went all in on 3.5" when most folk only go up 2.5, but I'm not in marketing, just a grouchy old man.
They said they catered to American market hence they R&D-ed 3.5" first.

Must've been the common lift height for americans...??? xD

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Synergy track bar relocation (or others) to fix the roll center will help a lot as pointed out above.

Also the Hellwig rear sway bar helps.

OP
OP

MaggieJeep

First Name
Maggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JLUR Granite Crystal
Occupation
Architect
Synergy track bar relocation (or others) to fix the roll center will help a lot as pointed out above.

Also the Hellwig rear sway bar helps.
Unfortunately no RHD rear trackbar relocation. Waiting on a company in AU to make it.

I've gone for a Whiteline Rear Sway Bar as it was only about $216AUD vs Hellwig at $590AUD after shipping.

20mm DIA vs 22mm DIA. I'll test this one out and see. https://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=BJR01Z&sq=25934

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Get the Hellwig sway bar. I have it and it’s awesome and helps a ton with body roll and cornering.

Reactions: YJA

Sponsored

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392

LowBama

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver JL
Occupation
Engineer
X2 for the Hellwig sway bar. It made a huge difference with body roll after adding a RTT.
Will the hellwig bar fit in a stock height JL? Their website suggests it requires a minimum of 3 inches of lift...

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Will the hellwig bar fit in a stock height JL? Their website suggests it requires a minimum of 3 inches of lift...
You need Part Number: 7775

They also make one for 3 to 5 inch lift which you do not want.

Sponsored

Lohkay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Like everyone is saying, the relocation braket would make a big difference. I will add, since I have a very similar overland setup (rtt, 270 awning, cabinet+fridge in back), that an air lift is almost required. My stock rubicon suspension would squat and roll like crazy before I added an air lift. Since then, I got my ride height back and the body roll has been tamed. I'm adding a 2" lift with the relocation bracket soon.

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Adding the rear track bar brace and relocation brackets today and then take her for a rip.

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
Well I installed the track bar relocation bracket and the reinforcement bracket. Took her for a ride and holy cow. What a difference. Definitely a good improvement for sure. The Jeep feels real good and is definitely more connected in the rear.

Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing Body Roll, Suspension?Spring?Rear Sway Bar? Air Bags? 6546A73B-2A7B-4809-ABA3-A46DDC3460D5

Jeep Wrangler JL Reducing Body Roll, Suspension?Spring?Rear Sway Bar? Air Bags? EA77450F-6CC5-4A7F-81EA-F0910A93840A
Sponsored