Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
@Redline Tuning - I’m on my second JL where I’ve purchased the Redline Hood struts… this time on my 392 and yes I purchased the correct model. Unfortunately in this set, one of my 2 backing plates that tuck into the hood has stripped threads for receiving the bolts. I have contacted the email address provided by Redline Tuning about my issue and have received no response. No issues on my prior JL install. Please advise how I can obtain a replacement backing plate and thank you.
@frank-o I'm sorry you did not receive a response, please PM me your contact information and I will take care of it.:like:
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, I'm in Daytona and the vicinity this next few weeks.... I drove 22 hrs. straight to get here from NY, the other day..

Lots of Jeeper's in town.

Surprising how many JL owner's have never seen or heard of the Redline Tuning hood strut offering.

Well, once they see my @Redline Tuning hood struts the ? start.... main ? is where can I buy those.

Events are fun as you get to show off your JL and it's goodies..

I often mention to other's I come in contact with.......

A real pleaser the Redline Tuning Hood Struts are... Well worth the $....

You can not find a better or easier to install hood lift offering for the JL/JT.

YES, the offering has quality quick disconnects, that allows you to disconnect the struts so you can lay the hood back against the windshield if/when desired.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Purchased another set with Carbon Fiber sleeves the other day for my Son's new 2023 Tacoma.

Running around Daytona, Florida this week. Number one ? I get about the Redline Tuning offering by Jeeper's is do the 2 struts disconnect.... do they disconnect easily so you can lay the hood back on the windshield header.. My answer is YES.

Well, I in 15 seconds or so, using the quick disconnects that Redine Tuning includes with their terrfic offering...., I disco the disconnects and lay the hood up and back to show them.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Redline Tuning has "Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 350 unique applications".

Here is a set installed on my Son's 2023 Tacoma.

As with the Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT system offerings for the JL and JT, the offering for the 2023 Tacoma is real nice, a terrific add to the vehicle and the install is easy.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! signal-2023-04-26-18-38-35-125-1

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
@Rhinebeck01 Way to spread the word in Daytona!

I purchased my pair of struts over 18 months ago and I am still very pleased with how they work. I know most folks don't lift their hoods that often but I do, each time I deflate/inflate the tires while on the trail.

The Redline Tuning struts get rid of that obnoxious prop rod which allows full acces to everything under the hood without the risk of hitting the rod and having that hood come crashing down on you.

Again, it's a great product and I'm glad I purchased it!

pinstripe2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sarge
Love these.
ordered Wednesday, received Friday and installed on Saturday.
Very nice product. Super easy install.
Just needed a 10mm socket wrench in order to install it

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love these.
ordered Wednesday, received Friday and installed on Saturday.
Very nice product. Super easy install.
Just needed a 10mm socket wrench in order to install it
Real nice, right... Terrific offering the Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT system is...

DonH63

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GC Trailhawk, 23 JLUR 392
Occupation
Retired EE; musician (trumpet)
Finally got the new (392-specific) lifts today and got them on this afternoon. It's been too long since I did much wrenching and I suck at it. In this case, the problem was that, other than mechanics toolsets and few extra pieces, I do not have any metal working tools. It took forever to clean up the bracket you need to carve on the 392. I started by just bending it over using pliers and vice-grips, which got close but not quite enough. And then realized I had bent the bracket enough that it was pinching the ground wire running by the battery, oops. Straightened it, but there wasn't room to get the pliers in there to bend it further without taking it off. I have one metal file, a small triangular one, so filed away for a while. Finally remembered the lawnmower sharpening (grinding) wheel I have for the drill and used that to carve away the last bit. I think it is clearing... At least it doesn't seem to indent the duct tape I wrapped around the cut (also need to buy a can of paint for metal surfaces). Two-plus hour install.

A Dremel, or at least a couple of grinding wheels for the drill and a couple more files, is going on my birthday list (couple of months away).

The good news is they work like a champ! Plenty strong for lifting, and I like they way they slow down at the end as you close the hood.

Now I need to send the other ones back to Amazon (ordered the wrong ones at first, missed the hidden line in the description that said they did not fit the 392).

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! 20230719_155610

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! 20230719_161618

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon

NewbJLUOwner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon Diesel 2022
Vehicle Showcase
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the JL Wrangler forums and want to showcase our 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the Jeep JK, JL and Gladiator.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! 20230719_161618

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Love this product and installed on my JLURD 2022 last year
Sponsored