Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Put mine in a few weeks ago, couldn't be happier so far :)
Sponsored

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the JL Wrangler forums and want to showcase our 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the Jeep JK, JL and Gladiator.

RT-Jeep-Layout2b.jpg

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

RT-QR-Layout.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.

Redline Tuning had 392 specific hood lifts. Thank You!!!

I installed mine last summer and appreciate the hood lifts much more than anticipated.
There was a slight modification required for the install which is detailed within the link.
All in All - Very Happy with this product!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-392-upgrades.74020/post-1609714

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Redline Tuning had 392 specific hood lifts. Thank You!!!

I installed mine last summer and appreciate the hood lifts much more than anticipated.
There was a slight modification required for the install which is detailed within the link.
All in All - Very Happy with this product!

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-392-upgrades.74020/post-1609714
Hello Justin,
Just an FYI, your gas springs are mounted upside down. They should be mounted with the smaller diameter shaft on the fender bracket. There is oil inside the gas spring that lubricates the shaft and seal on the gas spring when it is cycled. If they are mounted upside down as you have them, the oil stays at the bottom of the gas spring and it will fail as the seal will not be properly lubricated.

Correct orientation:
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! lift 2+

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Hello Justin,
Just an FYI, your gas springs are mounted upside down. They should be mounted with the smaller diameter shaft on the fender bracket. There is oil inside the gas spring that lubricates the shaft and seal on the gas spring when it is cycled. If they are mounted upside down as you have them, the oil stays at the bottom of the gas spring and it will fail as the seal will not be properly lubricated.

Correct orientation:
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! lift 2+
Wow! Great catch!!!
I'm very thankful you said something.
Welp, I know what I'll be messing with in the garage later tonight.

Again, Thank You Much,
V/R
~justin

W4V3

First Name
Freedom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed the hood lifts this morning. It took about 10 minutes and was easy. One thing that I noticed when installing the upper pieces is if the zinc bracket is leaning towards the hood lip, they don't want to drop in. If you lean them towards the engine bay, they drop in without an issue.

How many folks have removed the original hood prop?

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I installed the hood lifts this morning. It took about 10 minutes and was easy. One thing that I noticed when installing the upper pieces is if the zinc bracket is leaning towards the hood lip, they don't want to drop in. If you lean them towards the engine bay, they drop in without an issue.

I kept mine. Just cause I don't really care. Lol.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I left mine in situ. It's functionally invisible, and it's also one less thing to store in the garage. If the struts ever fail, it's nice to have the hood prop ready for deployment.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Apologies for not reading through all the posts. Just came across these hood struts for potential use on my JLR. I see there is two versions, one is stainless steel. What are the differences? What are the respective weights?

Sponsored

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLU Sport S, ‘16 Silverado
Mine showed up last night, installed this evening after work. I wouldn’t say it was an exactly 10 minute install but I don’t think it was much longer than that.

Great product, highly recommended.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Thank you, Rhinebeck... just ordered them along with the CF sleeves! What a great functional mod that is US made and from a sponsor on this forum!
I guess they don't mess around. Order after-hours last night and woke up to an email this morning saying it shipped! Better than Amazon? :LOL:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I guess they don't mess around. Order after-hours last night and woke up to an email this morning saying it shipped! Better than Amazon? :LOL:
@dragoneggs

Andreas and Brian at @Redline Tuning are very very hands on so to speak .... and very efficient..

Terrific that they also are Forum Sponsor's, which in itself says lots.

Both also field posts/participate here on the forum..

They are both, there for their customer's in regard to every step of the journey lets say.. Before and after sale, they both are there for the buyer of their Redline Tuning offerings. I know they have done me a few solids...

About your install, @dragoneggs .... the install is very easy.... but do read completely through this thread if you have time..

Two common install goof ups... are .... loss into the hood cavity :crying: of one of the zinc brackets during the install and not properly installing with the smaller diameter shaft of the stru on the fender bracket.

Sponsored