Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
@jurassic3k

What are the number markings on your struts.... This will tell what you installed/have...

I'll let Redline Tuning work this out with you.... perhaps it is a YOU issue..... 8-) and not that the struts are the wrong ones.... Can tell you though if it is a YOU issue you are the 1st.

To me your video shows no issue that I would be concerned about..... I see no bounce ....
If this is how everyone else's works then so be it...better than what was there before
20210912_170425.jpg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I installed mine yesterday....they seem to be a little too strong and forceful when opening. Not sure I like it. Kinda bounces the hood
From new, the Redline struts on my JLU raised the hood in a slower, almost lazy manner when compared to the struts on your Jeep.

I do wonder if you were sent the higher force gas springs that are intended for the heavier hoods on the Mojaves and Rubicon 392s. See the yellow highlighted text in the product description.

If you determine that yours are the regular-strength struts, then perhaps there are manufacturing variances that explain the difference in performance between mine and yours.

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
From new, the Redline struts on my JLU raised the hood in a slower, almost lazy manner when compared to the struts on your Jeep.

I do wonder if you were sent the higher force gas springs that are intended for the heavier hoods on the Mojaves and Rubicon 392s. See the yellow highlighted text in the product description.

If you determine that yours are the regular-strength struts, then perhaps there are manufacturing variances that explain the difference in performance between mine and yours.
All I can compare it to is my Kia Telluride factory struts:

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
All I can compare it to is my Kia Telluride factory struts:
Yep. That's how the Redlines raise the hood on my JLU. Nice and easy.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I feel that my struts are a little more energetic than I was expecting but not to the point where it gives me concern. I am trying to attach a video of mine. If it attaches, its dark outside but can still get a gist of how the struts are opening the hood

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Worked on my end
Oh, ok....On my end when I look at the post I just see this......a play bar but No video feed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! No Video

Well, if you all can see a video, then hopefully my struts are raising my hood at just the right speed and with the right amount of force, as Heimkehr says...."Nice and easy"

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Oh, ok....On my end when I look at the post I just see this......a play bar but No video feed.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! No Video

Well, if you all can see a video, then hopefully my struts are raising my hood at just the right speed and with the right amount of force, as Heimkehr says...."Nice and easy"
Looks right to me. Didn’t struggle; didn’t launch the hood into low earth orbit.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I installed mine yesterday....they seem to be a little too strong and forceful when opening. Not sure I like it. Kinda bounces the hood
I had the opposite problem, ordered a kit for a "heavy" european hood and received the poor kit. My hood would not lift by itself and once fully opened would fall back down by itself.

The seller "Redline" intervened and sent me the right kit, after exchange everything is OK (I had put a message here above).

I just need to contact "Redline" and they will find a solution :like:

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
If this is how everyone else's works then so be it...better than what was there before
Hello Jason,
The part number of the gas springs you have are correct for your application. After reviewing the video everything seems to be functioning correctly. The "bump" you are are hearing is where the gas spring is transitioning from the nitrogen gas to the oil inside the piston. This is what slows the gas spring down for the last inches of extension.
Regards,
Andreas

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
All this Redline Tuning Hood Lift Strut talk, got me thinking........ I installed the Redline Tuning on my JL on 7/26/19 .... almost 39,000 miles ago.

I know I open and close the hood on my JL at the very least twice a day.... (I open hood when hot engine JL is parked in the garage) ............. that's a lot of flawless, no effort for me, ups and downs.

Today, the struts perform just as well as they did on install day in 2019..

Anyway, all this talk of the Reline Tuning offering go my hungry so to speak.... SOooo, in the mail, on the way to me ..... is a set of Carbon Fiber Sleeves for my Redline's.... They deserve it.... 8-)

https://www.redlinetuning.com/Carbon-Fiber-Sleeves-for-Redline-Tuning-Struts-s/2419.htm
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! ccc.JPG

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
All this Redline Tuning Hood Lift Strut talk, got me thinking........ I installed the Redline Tuning on my JL on 7/26/19 .... almost 39,000 miles ago.

I know I open and close the hood on my JL at the very least twice a day.... (I open hood when hot engine JL is parked in the garage) ............. that's a lot of flawless, no effort for me, ups and downs.

Today, the struts perform just as well as they did on install day in 2019..

Anyway, all this talk of the Reline Tuning offering go my hungry so to speak.... SOooo, in the mail, on the way to me ..... is a set of Carbon Fiber Sleeves for my Redline's.... They deserve it.... 8-)

https://www.redlinetuning.com/Carbon-Fiber-Sleeves-for-Redline-Tuning-Struts-s/2419.htm
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! ccc.JPG
i love the CF sleeves. What part did you order and are they once size fits all?
Sponsored