Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
@J33pgrl

I can see a guy/man forgetting a Sale Day but not a gal...... shame on you... 8-)

Oh well, thanks to this guy like, masculine side of yourself moment, you will in the future...... remember that things often go on sale on say Labor Day, Prime day, etc....

You are going to truly enjoy the Redline Tuning offering!
I canā€™t vouch for what J33pgrl did, but I did look on their site and within this thread prior to my ordering specifically to see if there was any mention of a sale. Most vendors seem to have started their Labor Day sale before the weekend or at least as of Friday. Guess Iā€™m at least grateful I got free shipping. Either way Iā€™m looking forward to getting these installed.
Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I canā€™t vouch for what J33pgrl did, but I did look on their site and within this thread prior to my ordering specifically to see if there was any mention of a sale. Most vendors seem to have started their Labor Day sale before the weekend or at least as of Friday. Guess Iā€™m at least grateful I got free shipping. Either way Iā€™m looking forward to getting these installed.
If it's any consolation I'm ordering this now, and you can ONLY do the LD sale OR the free shipping, not both. So really the difference, at least in my case, is $7.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
If it's any consolation I'm ordering this now, and you can ONLY do the LD sale OR the free shipping, not both. So really the difference, at least in my case, is $7.
Yup most vendors (smart ones to include Redline Tuning) do not allow discount/coupon stacking...

@Redline Tuning
is gracious enough to (all year long) offer free shipping with the forum free shipping code...
Great that they are a Forum Sponsor..

Funny.... when I posted the Labor Day Sale thing I forgot Redline Tuning offered us free shipping...

J33pgrl

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX STI
@J33pgrl

I can see a guy/man forgetting a Sale Day but not a gal...... shame on you... 8-)

Oh well, thanks to this guy like, masculine side of yourself moment, you will in the future...... remember that things often go on sale on say Labor Day, Prime day, etc....

You are going to truly enjoy the Redline Tuning offering!
Lolā€¦I know! Iā€™m so stressed about my factory ordered Jeep being in shipping for 3 weeks, itā€™s hard to think about anything else šŸ˜³

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lolā€¦I know! Iā€™m so stressed about my factory ordered Jeep being in shipping for 3 weeks, itā€™s hard to think about anything else šŸ˜³
@J33pgrl

I waited for well over 120 days for my ordered JL, in 2018..... I was walking around wearing this t-shirt on for months..
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! kid

Sponsored

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the JL Wrangler forums and want to showcase our 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the Jeep JK, JL and Gladiator.

Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! kid

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Super cool. I'll be ordering a set soon. Thank you.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Any reason to apply thread locker to the fender bolt part of the installation....or just the hood bolts that fasten into the aluminum backing plate? Thx

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any reason to apply thread locker to the fender bolt part of the installation....or just the hood bolts that fasten into the aluminum backing plate? Thx
@JeepAustinWeird

Won't hurt but probably not needed..... CAREFUL with the hood bracket assemblies..... real easy if you are not careful to drop the silver color back part of that bracket into hole on the hood if you loosen the bolt to much.. Loosen just enough to get it in place.... DO use locktite on those 2 bolts on each bracket.

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
I installed mine yesterday....they seem to be a little too strong and forceful when opening. Not sure I like it. Kinda bounces the hood

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed mine yesterday....they seem to be a little too strong and forceful when opening. Not sure I like it. Kinda bounces the hood
FIRST TIME..... ever ....anyone has said this in any of the many many posts here, regarding the Redline Tuning Struts....

Did you happen to order a set that was for the 392 or Mojave that have heavier hood and the Redline's for same have beefier struts?

Per Redline Tuning posts:

The gas springs for the MOJAVE system are 25% stronger due to the steel hood.

The gas springs for the 392 system are 50% stronger due to all the plastic cladding directing air attached to the underside of the hood.

@Redline Tuning

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FIRST TIME..... ever ....anyone has said this in any of the many manty posts regarding the Redline Tuning Struts....

Did you happen to order a set that was for the 392 or Mojave that have heavier hood and the Redline's for same have a beefier lets call it strut?

Per Redline Tuning posts:

The gas springs for the MOJAVE system are 25% stronger due to the steel hood.

The gas springs for the 392 system are 50% stronger due to all the plastic cladding directing air attached to the underside of the hood.

Just included a video...hardware is installed correctly and tight. I got the silver one but it's for the JL. Makes a bang everytime. "Redline Tuning 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL & 2020+ Jeep Gladiator Hood QuickLIFT ELITE (North American Model excluding Mojave & 392)
[Hood Type:Stock Hoods (ALL OEM North American Hoods except Mojave)]"

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just included a video...hardware is installed correctly and tight. I got the silver one but it's for the JL. Makes a bang everytime
@jurassic3k

I tagged @Redline Tuning in my earlier post and in this post. They will be in touch with you... Your issue is NOT common. Again, makes me think you received/have struts for use with a Mojave or 392...

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jurassic3k

I tagged @Redline Tuning in my earlier post and in this post. They will be in touch with you... Your issue is NOT common. Again, makes me think you have struts for the Mojave or 392...
[/QUOTE

This came from my order:

"Redline Tuning 2018+ Jeep Wrangler JL & 2020+ Jeep Gladiator Hood QuickLIFT ELITE (North American Model excluding Mojave & 392)
[Hood Type:Stock Hoods (ALL OEM North American Hoods except Mojave)]"

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jurassic3k

What are the number markings on your struts.... This will tell what you installed/have...

I'll let Redline Tuning work this out with you.... perhaps it is a YOU issue..... 8-) and not that the struts are the wrong ones.... Can tell you though if it is a YOU issue you are the 1st.

To me your video shows no issue that I would be concerned about..... I see no bounce ....
Sponsored