Sponsored

Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation!

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Clark,
Your order is shipping out today and we look forward to your feedback once it arrives. :like:
Shipping within 10 minutes is definitely a solid start to a positive review Thanks gents.
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
This was a great install despite me being mechanically challenged - amazing mod/upgrade! Left a review on the website too ;) !

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
Installed, posted in my build thread. Super easy, works as advertised! Posted on a couple facebook groups so I bet you'll get hounded by a few of my friends shortly.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Installed, posted in my build thread. Super easy, works as advertised! Posted on a couple facebook groups so I bet you'll get hounded by a few of my friends shortly.
Awesome, we're glad you enjoy it. Thanks so much for spreading the word of our products, we REALLY appreciate it! :like:

brewskisteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2001 Ford F350 4x4 crew cab 7.3L diesel
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
i have had a set of the stainless version for 6 months and love them!!! so much better than that damn stick. Great and easy upgrade that you will enjoy for the life of your Jeep :like:

Sponsored

lembowski

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting Gray
@Redline Tuning just installed, is it normal for the struts to not start lifting until the hood is open 2-3’? I had your product on a Tacoma and they lifted as soon as you popped the hood.

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
hum, good question, I have the same one with my heavier "European" hood, whereas I ordered the special kit for this hood!?

Your answer interests me a lot

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
@Redline Tuning just installed, is it normal for the struts to not start lifting until the hood is open 2-3’? I had your product on a Tacoma and they lifted as soon as you popped the hood.
Hello Matt, Yes this is normal. Each application is different due to the geometry of the design. Since the Tacoma system is not a Bolt-In system we have a little more flexibility as to where our hardware mounts to optimize the lifting force. For the JL system to keep it Bolt-In we are utilizing existing factory bolts/holes which limits the flexibility in the gas spring geometry which in turn affects when the gas springs start lifting.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Each application is different due to the geometry of the design.

For the JL system to keep it Bolt-In we are utilizing existing factory bolts/holes which limits the flexibility in the gas spring geometry which in turn affects when the gas springs start lifting.
I installed a hood strut solution in a Ford that I used to own. When planning the job, I could pick from a variety of struts. That is to say, I could choose their strength, or lifting force (and thus lifting speed). All were the same size and suited for my installation.

Wasn't your choice of struts for the JL linked to stress concerns, and less so lifting speed? (A choice with which I agree, BTW.)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
do these "stack" with the Topsy fender antenna mount ?
@dpike
I just went out and looked at my Redline install and then looked the pic below of the installed Topsy and it looks like no problem running both. The installed Topsy bracket lies very flat and though in the path of the Redline strut rod coming down it looks as if it will have plenty enough clearance.

Wait and see what other's say but sure looks like a go to me..
Jeep Wrangler JL Redline Tuning Hood Struts - 5 minute Bolt-In installation! Capture.JPG

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Wasn't your choice of struts for the JL linked to stress concerns, and less so lifting speed? (A choice with which I agree, BTW.)
Yes, It's not so much lifting "speed" as lifting force. It's easy to put a really high force gas spring that lifts the hood immediately, but this may put undo stress on the hood as well as the mounting hardware. We spend alot of time valving our gas springs to the correct pressure as to provide enough force to lift the hood, but not too much force to stress the hood. It's a fine balancing act, but when there are several models of hoods for one vehicle platform it gets a little more difficult. We have noticed that the Mojave edition for the Gladiator has a much heavier Steel hood vs the Aluminum hood found on all other model variations. We have also found that all the Non North American model Jeeps have a heavier hood due to the European pedestrian safety standards. We have a separate system with higher force gas springs specifically for these applications.

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
@dpike
I just went out and looked at my Redline install and then looked the pic below of the installed Topsy and it looks like no problem running both. The installed Topsy bracket lies very flat and though in the path of the Redline strut rod coming down it looks as if it will have plenty enough clearance.

Wait and see what other's say but sure looks like a go to me..
Capture.JPG
I agree with Rhinebeck01's post above. đź‘Ť It looks like the addition of that Topsy bracket only moves the fender bolt head up by the thickness of the bracket itself. I don't see any issue of interference with our gas springs.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Feedback from the local dealership is that these things should be required from factory! :LOL:

I figured that was a decent enough compliment from a source that normally dislikes mods.
Sponsored